The Sorceress is one of two starting mage classes available in Lost Ark. She specializes in dealing ranged magic damage with the elements of fire, lightning and ice. This is a good starting class for new players as she deals high damage at all stages of progression, can comfortably complete solo content and meshes well with most group compositions.
She can feel especially powerful early into the leveling process with access to powerful Area of Effect (AoE) spells within the first hour of gameplay.
During the leveling process, focus on equipping the highest Item Level gear while prioritizing the Crit and Specialization Combat Stats to increase your damage and clear speed. To level quickly, focus on doing Main Story Quest with some exceptions.
For a walk-through of the leveling quests, check out the Leveling Guide.
Skill Point Allocation
Allocate Skill Points to gain Tripods for your most powerful Skills. Below are the notable Character Levels to obtain the most important Skill Tripods. Left over points can be spent on secondary Skills of your choice. Make sure you reallocate those points into the main Skills when needed.
Check the Skill Point Guide for more details.
Level 14: Seraphic Hail (20 points) is your lowest cooldown skill for clearing out mobs.
Level 18: Punishing Strike (20 points) to help with mobs and bosses.
Level 24: Punishing Strike (28 points) is maxed out for more damage.
Level 28: Frost's Call (20 points) is an AoE skill that helps build Identity gauge.
Level 32: Explosion (20 points) for clearing mobs and bosses. The skill is less flexible than Punishing Strike, so only use it to clean up mobs if nothing else is available.
Level 38: Explosion (28 points) is maxed out for more damage.
Level 42: Elegian's Touch for movement speed while leveling.
Level 48: Frost's Call is maxed out for more damage.
Follow the Main Story Quest to Vern city until Beatrice notifies you to visit her in Trixion. Completing her questline rewards Enviska's Might and Doomsday. Check your mailbox and consume the items to unlock the skills.
Extra Skill Points during leveling can be invested into any low Cooldown skills for faster clear speed. Make sure you reallocate those points into the main Skills by following the guide above.
- All Sorceress skills while leveling have great AoE. The cooldowns are a little on the longer side, so drag enemies into groups to kill them all at once.
- Punishing Strike and Explosion have long casting times and no Push Immunity, so position carefully before committing to them. Arcane Rupture helps by halving their cast times.
- Elegian's Touch is used purely for movement speed. Deactivate it early if it drains your mana too much.
Once you reach Level 50, the following guides will guide you through the end game content and activities:
- Igniter Sorceress Raid Guide
- Reflux Sorceress Raid Guide
- Sorceress Chaos Dungeon
- Raid Guides
- Abyssal Dungeon Guides
- Mount up whenever possible. The Sorceress has no mobility skills to help her traverse maps faster.
- Regularly use Arcane Rupture when your Identity Gauge is at 30% or higher to increase your clearing speed. Arcane Rupture barely bestows any benefit during the leveling process.
- Punishing Strike and Explosion are your main boss-killing skills. For an easier time landing them, use Arcane Rupture beforehand to halve their cast times.
Written by Saintone
Incorporated by Starlast
Reviewed by Lexyu