The Shadowhunter is Lost Ark's demonic class. Her unique Identity allows her to transform into a demon, giving her access to high damaging skills. She has two different playstyles that can revolve around ranged combat or melee.
In PvP, the Shadowhunter relies on quick catches with her dashes and long range engagements. She's a hit and run specialist that goes in when the time is right and escapes with ease. Finding the right timing of engagements are crucial to succeed on this class. She ranks high in the PvP tier list for her ability to be an extremely mobile ranged class, that doesn't sacrifice damage because of her demonic form.
Check out the General PvP Guide for a better understanding of the arena systems in place.
High Mobility ✔
High Damage ✔
Strong Carry Potential ✔
❌ Skillshot Reliant
❌ No Push Immunity
- Demonic Slash is your main mobility skill.
- Sharpened Cut is a great engagement tool with how fast it teleports. Be ready to adjust if you miss or they dodge your skill.
- Thrust Impact is a close range damage skill. Use it when opponents are down or connect it off another skill.
- Demonic Clone and Rising Claw are your main defensive tools with Knock Up. Note that these skills only have Paralysis Immunity.
- Grind Chain is your main long range poke skill with a slow attached to it.
- Piercing Thorn is your other poking skill. This one Knock Up enemies and does good damage.
- Demon Vision is your main crowd control skill.
- Demonize is your Identity skill that transforms you into demon. Your demonic form grants you a new set of skills and Paralysis Immunity. You gain full Immunity during the initial transformation and while using Cancel Demonization.
- Ruining Rush is your main mobility skill in demon form. Use it to engage enemies, but be cautious as you do not have any Push Immunity skills.
- Death Claw and Gore Bleeding are mainly used as combo fillers to keep opponents locked up.
- Destruction decent damaging skill that creates an area of effect in front of you.
- Leaping Blow is a high damaging skill that crowd controls opponents on contact. This skill is unprotected so be careful when using it.
- Blood Massacre is a highly damaging skill. It's hard to catch opponents in it without setting up for it.
- Gate of Eruption is your main Awakening skill which creates a field that crowd controls enemies and then Knocks Up. Great skill for zoning, peeling or damaging enemies. When opponents are caught in the skill, use a high damage skill towards the end of the animation.
750 Swiftness, 250 Critical for more poke focused damage.
750 Swiftness, 1 Critical 249 Domination for general damage.
- Piercing Thorn can be swapped with Magick Control or Rotting Zone.
- Demon Vision can be dropped to 7 for Rising Claw.
Normal Form Combo
- Engage with Sharpened Cut or Demon Vision.
- Follow with Demonic Clone.
- Briefly walk forward before finishing with Thrust Impact, else it won't connect. Using Rush also works to connect the skill.
- Note: If you need to extend a combo when the opponent is on the ground, you can auto attack (LMB) 3 times, wait for the spin, then auto attack a third time to perform a dashing attack that will lift them up again (wait till you see the purple flash before LMB again).
Demon Form Combo #1
- Engage with Ruining Rush.
- Follow with Gore Bleeding
Demon Form Combo #2
- Engage with Leaping Blow.
- Finish with confirms Blood Massacre.
- Focus on playing near the outskirts of the map and poke around with Grind Chain and Piercing Thorn.
- Demon Vision is a great peeling and initiation tool. Hitting this skill allows you to go into your Sharpened Cut + Thrust Impact combo. If you find yourself missing with Thrust Impact, get closer or use Rush.
- When the match starts, you can rush forward with Demonic Slash to gain positional advantage. Try for picks with your long range skills.
- Use Demonize when you catch an opponent without Stand Up to connect Blood Massacre or any high damage skill.
- You can use Demonize to get in and start a Demon Form Combo. Be wary that none of your skills have Push Immunity.
- Your main defensive skill with Paralysis Immunity are Demonic Slash, Demonic Clone and Rising Claw. You are still vulnerable to knock ups and crowd control.
- Keep your enemies and teammates within vision, Demon Vision and Gate of Eruption are great peeling skills.
- Use your Demonic Slash to get advantageous positions..
- Remember your Push Immunity skills and escapes.
- Abuse FoV (Field of Vision) by and keeping your opponents horizontal from you so you can hit with long range skills.
Written by Starlast
Reviewed by Lexyu