The Paladin mainly serves as a support class in groups and is a highly requested role for endgame content. However, this does not mean he is incapable of playing solo. He has a decent amount of Area of Effect (AoE) Damage Skills available from the start to accelerate the leveling process. Group up enemies before using AoE skills for efficiency.
Charge is also available immediately for mobility. This Movement Skill is especially useful before you get the first mount and to run through story dungeons faster.
During the leveling process, focus on equipping the highest Item Level gear while prioritizing the Crit and Swfitness Combat Stats to increase your damage and clear speed. To level quickly, focus on doing Main Story Quest with some exceptions.
For a walk-through of the leveling quests, check out the Leveling Guide.
Skill Point Allocation
Allocate Skill Points to gain Skill Tree for your most powerful Skills. Below are the notable Character Levels to obtain the most important Skill Tree. Left over points can be spent on secondary Skills of your choice. Make sure you reallocate those points into the main Skills when needed.
Check the Skill Point Guide for more details.
Level 12: Charge (4 points) for mobility to traverse around the map and dungeons.
Level 15-16: Flash Thrust (20 points) for a low cooldown skill with decent area coverage and damage.
Level 19-20: Punishment (20 points) for an early game single target skill that does a lot of damage for early levels.
Level 25-26: Flash Thrust (48 points) for more damage.
Level 30-32: Executor's Sword (48 points) for more single target damage or AoE clearing, depending on the Tier 3 Skill Tree chosen.
Level 36: Holy Explosion (20 points) for more AoE density clearing.
Level 40-41: Holy Sword (48 points, remove 16 points from Holy Explosion) for a high single target burst with some linear AoE.
Level 45: Holy Explosion (back up to 20 points) and upgrade Execution of Justice (20 points) for more AoE clearing.
Level 48-49: Holy Explosion (48 points) maxed out for more damage increase on the AoE nuke.
- Follow the Main Story Quest to Vern city until Beatrice notifies you to visit her in Trixion. Completing her questline rewards Heavenly Blessings and Alithanes's Light Awakening Skill. Check your inventory and consume the items to unlock the skills. Set up 2 skill presets for the Chaos Dungeon/Cube and Raid builds, listed below in the Endgame section.
Extra Skill Points during leveling can be invested into Dash Slash for extra mobility when dismounted or in dungeons. Make sure you reallocate those points into the main Skills when needed.
The Paladin is a melee focused support class with highly damaging Area of Effect (AoE) Skills. Group up enemies and use AoE Skills to kill them all at once. Single damage output for Dungeon Bosses can be increased with specific Skill Tree like Weak Point Detection.
Once you reach Level 50, the following guides will guide you through the end game content and activities:
- Use your mobility skills to travel around quicker in areas where mounts are disabled.
- Punishment, Executor's Sword and Holy Sword have Back Attack modifiers, so attack enemies at the back for 10% Crit Rate.
- Holy Explosion can be maxed out early for better density clearing.
- Most of the skills have Paralysis Immunity, so there's little need to dodge aside from telegraphed big hitting moves.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Lexyu