The Chaos build heavily focuses on large Area of Effect (AoE) skills with low Cooldowns to clear the content as fast as possible. This content isn't difficult and can easily be completed by spamming skills.
Note: If you are playing Evolutionary Legacy Machinist, you don't have to follow this guide as you will mostly be doing damage while in Hypersync mode.
The Combat Stats are not as important as they are for PvP or Raid builds. Simply use the recommended Raid gear and Combat Stat distribution from the Evolutionary Legacy Machinist Raid Guide and Arthetinean Skill Machinist Raid Guide.
Chaos Dungeon Skill Build
- Annihilation Mode is your main AoE Clearing skill as it can reduce its own cooldown based on the number of targets hit, it is highly recommended to upgrade Swift Preparation if you can to reduce the cooldown of the skill as much as possible. you can change the last skill tree node to Cross Fire to freeze Elites in place.
- Mobile Shot gives you a movement speed buff to walk around to group up the mobs in Chaos Dungeon.
- Overcharged Battery buffs you up with 6% Attack power to help burst harder with your other skills.
- Command: Flare Beam 2nd skill tree node can be swapped to Freezing Beam if you need extra Crowd Control to stop elites in Cubes or after grouping them up in Chaos Dungeon to burst them in packs.
- Command: Carpet, Command: Baby Drones, Command: Raid Missile and Energy Buster will be your other clearing skills if Annihilation Mode is still on cooldown.
Chaos Dungeon is fairly easy to complete. A simplified rotation is used:
- Use Mobile Shot to speed yourself up then Walk around and gather mobs and Elites in a tight pack before bursting them down with Annihilation Mode to get the maximum cooldown reduced.
- Use Command: Flare Beam to freeze elites together if you took Freezing Beam, so you can burst them up together to get massive cooldown refresh and continue spamming Annihilation Mode unless it's on cooldown.
- Make sure to recall your drone (Default Key Bind: X) whenever you used a Drone Skill to keep track of where your drone is before using the next Drone Skill, using Joint Skills automatically recalls them as well.
- If you get a Boss Portal(Red Portal) you can swap to your raid setups and finish the boss before swapping back to this setup to continue pack clearing for the next portal.
- You don't have to be conservative with Awakening skill usage since the 40-100% Cooldown refresh from killing Elites/Bosses and 40% Cooldown Reduction buff from Rift Cores work on them as well.
Check out the Chaos Dungeon Guide for more information.
Sub-stat priority is not important, as the content is easy as long as the player is using matching Tier Gear and accessories.
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings. Check the Rune Guide for more details.
|Mobile Shot||Quick Recharge|
|Command: Flare Beam||Any Runes|
|Command: Carpet||Any Runes|
|Command: Baby Drones||Any Runes|
|Command: Raid Missile||Any Runes|
- Quick Recharge is paired with Mobile Shot since it can be cast 3 times and count as a separate cast for higher frequency of proc-ing the rune effect. You can also stack multiple of this rune on other skills since it does not share an internal cooldown.
- Bleed can be used on any remaining skills as there aren't any useful runes to pair with Drone skills for this content.
- Galewind is used for speeding up your skills animation speed which greatly helps with Annihilation Mode and Energy Buster.
- Wealth can be consider on Drone skills if you are using Evolutionary Legacy.
- Buff yourself up with movement speed from Mobile Shot to quickly aggro mobs around the zone in Chaos Dungeon to group them up tight before bursting them down.
- Try to get as many mobs close to you as possible before using Annihilation Mode to reduce its cooldown as long as possible, you might be able to just spam this skill alone throughout the entire Chaos Dungeon depending on Swift Preparation level and cooldown gem level or during Cooldown Reduction buff from killing elites in Chaos Dungeon.
- Swap to Freezing skill tree nodes(e.g. Freezing Beam and Cross Fire) if needed to group up elites easier or to stop too many elites moving around in Cube stages.
- If a Boss Portal(Red Portal) spawns, swap to your raid setup to finish the boss before swapping back to this build to continue the next portal.
- Killing Elites/Bosses and breaking Rift Cores grant a Cooldown refresh or Cooldown Reduction buff. This works on Awakening Skills, so you can use them often.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Starlast