The Chaos build heavily focuses on large Area of Effect (AoE) skills with low Cooldowns to clear the content as fast as possible. This content isn't difficult and can easily be completed by spamming skills.
The Combat Stats are not as important as they are for PvP or Raid builds. Simply use the recommended Raid gear and Combat Stat distribution from the Peacemaker Gunslinger Raid Guide and Time to Hunt Gunslinger Raid Guide.
Chaos Dungeon Skill Build
- Equilibrium and Sharpshooter are the main AoE clearing skills with massive damage and area coverage.
- Death Fire and Bullet Rain are the filler AoE trash mobs clearing skills, use these when the 2 above are on Cooldown.
- Shotgun Rapid Fire and Focused Shot are for bursting down Elites and Bosses to quickly get the Cooldown Refresh. They do decent AoE as well and can be used to clear trash mobs.
- Dexterous Shot is used for extra mobility, use it to get into the middle of packs then use other AoE skills to clear out the mobs.
- Quick Step is also used as a mobility skill but also grants a speed buff upon hitting enemies which helps hasten skills cast time.
Chaos Dungeon is fairly easy to complete. A simplified rotation is used:
- Use Quick Step to get its speed buff on hit, then put yourself in the middle of the mobs and use Equilibrium, Sharpshooter and Death Fire to eradicate the packs.
- If the Elites and Bosses are not dead use Shotgun Rapid Fire and Focused Shot to finish them off to get the Cooldown Refresh while the Weakness Exposure debuff from Equilibrium is still up.
- If a Red Portal (Boss Room) appears, switch to Raid Build for better damage against the single boss then switch back to this AoE build after killing the Boss.
- You don't have to be conservative with Awakening skill usage, the Cooldown Refresh and Cooldown Reduction buff from Elites/Bosses and Rift Core works on Awakening skills as well.
- Killing Elites and Bosses grants 40-100% Cooldown Refresh while breaking Rift Cores will grant 40% a Cooldown Reduction buff.
Check out the Chaos Dungeon Guide for more information.
Sub-stat priority is not important, as the content is easy as long as the player is using matching Tier Gear and accessories.
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommend parings. Check the Rune Guide for more details.
|Shotgun Rapid Fire
- Quick Step is paired with Rage if it procs it grants a massive amount of speed on top of the speed buff provided by the skill's Life Absorption tripod.
- If the player has the Conviction and Judgment rune combo available use Dexterous Shot to proc the Conviction buff while positioning yourself into the pack of mobs. Use Equilibrium to proc the Judgment buff effect which grants 15% Cooldown Reduction before casting your other skills.
- Group up the mobs, dive into the middle then burst them down with Equilibrium, Sharpshooter and Death Fire.
- If the Elites and Bosses aren't dead after using Equilibrium, use Shotgun Rapid Fire and Focused Shot to clear them quickly while the Weakness Exposure is still up.
- Switch to a Raid Build for better single target damage when you encounter a Red Portal (Boss Room) then switch back to this AoE build for the next portal.
- Killing Elites, Bosses and breaking Rift Cores grant Cooldown Refresh or a Cooldown Reduction buff.
- Use Awakening skills whenever a group of Elites are close together so the Awakening skill Cooldown can refresh and is ready to be used for the next packs. Killing Bosses refreshes Cooldowns completely. So you don't have to be too conservative with Awakening skill usage.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Facefoot