The Chaos build heavily focuses on large Area of Effect (AoE) skills with low Cooldowns to clear the content as fast as possible. This content isn't difficult and can easily be completed by spamming skills.
The Combat Stats are not as important as they are for PvP or Raid builds. Simply use the recommended Raid gear and Combat Stat distribution from the Remaining Energy Deathblade Raid Guide and Burst Deathblade Raid Guide.
Chaos Dungeon Skill Build
- Moonlight Sonic is the main AoE clear and Elites/Boss shredding skill because of it's massive frontal AoE and high damage .
- Soul Absorber, Blitz Rush and Void Strike are high burst damage skills that are great for bursting down Elites and Bosses fast. They can also be used to clear mob packs but they don't have great AoE coverage.
- Death Sentence is an excellent AoE clearing skill that knocks up mobs and increases damage done to them.
- Dark Axel and Spincutter are mobility skills used to traverse around packs of mobs quicker.
- Maelstrom gives a tremendous speed buff to hasten all skills cast time, which can be helpful to channeling and charging skills.
Chaos Dungeon is fairly easy to complete. A simplified rotation is used:
- Most skills are charging or channeling skills so buff up with Maelstrom to cast skills quicker.
- Moonlight Sonic and Death Sentence are the best AoE skills to use after grouping up mobs around you. Moonlight Sonic also shreds Elites down fast giving you the Cooldown refresh for the next packs.
- Void Strike, Blitz Rush and Soul Absorber are the main Elites and Boss bursting skills but they can also be used as filler when Death Sentence and Moonlight Sonic are on cooldown. Their AoE is not great so you need to gather mobs together tightly to be effective with these skills.
- You don't have to be conservative with Awakening skill usage since the Cooldown refresh and Cooldown Reduction buff from Elites, Bosses and Rift Cores work on Awakening skills as well.
- Killing Elites and Bosses grants 40-100% Cooldown refresh while breaking Rift Cores grants 40% Cooldown Reduction buff.
Check out the Chaos Dungeon Guide for more information.
Sub-stat priority is not important, as the content is easy as long as the player is using matching Tier Gear and accessories.
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommend parings. Check the Rune Guide for more details.
- Spincutter is paired with Rage to help speed up skill casting after closing the gap to your targets.
- Soul Absorber, Void Strike and Moonlight Sonic are paired with Wealth since they're the highest Identity Gauge generators. Getting 2-3 Blade Orbs quickly means more frequent Cooldown refreshes with Death Trance and you get access to Level 3 Blade Burst locked behind the Identity Gauge.
- Buff up with Maelstrom to speed up charging and channeling skills cast speed.
- Use Soul Absorber, Blitz Rush and Void Strike to burst down Elites and Bosses fast for the Cooldown refresh.
- Moonlight Sonic is the main skill for everything since it has massive AoE for trash mobs and it does good damage to Elites and Bosses.
- Killing Elites, Bosses and breaking Rift Cores grant a Cooldown refresh or Cooldown Reduction buff.
- Use a Awakening skill whenever a group of Elites are close together so the Awakening skill Cooldown can refresh and ready to be use for the next packs. Killing Bosses refreshes Cooldown completely as well so don't be too conservative with Awakening skill usage.
Written by Rei
Review by Facefoot