Artist has tons of great leveling skills as she is packed with a ton of Area of Effect(AoE) skills in her kit, with Paint: Starry Night has a exclusive support tripod to help out solo contents and leveling as well which increases the damage of the skill a ton. But most of the skills have decent amount of animation time that needs to get used to, which will be fix when in high gearscore optimization phase.
During the leveling process, focus on equipping the highest Item Level gear while prioritizing the Crit and Swiftness Combat Stats to increase your damage and clear speed. To level quickly, focus on doing Main Story Quest with some exceptions.
For a walk-through of the leveling quests, check out the Leveling Guide.
Skill Point Allocation
Allocate Skill Points to gain Skill Tree for your most powerful Skills. Below are the notable Character Levels to obtain the most important Skill Tree. Leftover points can be spent on secondary Skills of your choice. Make sure you reallocate those points into the main Skills when needed.
Check the Skill Point Guide for more details.
Level 12: Stroke: Sprinkle and Paint: Pouncing Tiger (4 points each) for AoE Clearing.
Level 20-21: Upgrade Paint: Pouncing Tiger and pick up Paint: Starry Night(20 points, remove points from other skills) for more damage and another AoE Clearing.
Level 25-26: Max out Paint: Pouncing Tiger (48 points) for more AoE clearing and strong burst for Elites.
Level 32: Max out Paint: Starry Night (48 points each) for even more damage and AoE.
Level 35-36: Upgrade Stroke: One Stroke (20 points) for more damage.
Level 41: Upgrade Paint: Ink Well and Paint: Sun Well (20 points each) for more AoE clearing.
Level 45: Max out Stroke: One Stroke (48 points) for more damage.
Level 48: Max out Paint: Sun Well (48 points) for for massive damage self-buff.
Follow the main story quest to Vern Castle until Beatrice notifies you to visit her in Trixion. Completing her questline unlocks Paint: Sunsketch and Masterwork: Spectacle Awakening Skill. Check your inventory and consume the items to unlock the skills. Set up 2 skill presets for the Chaos Dungeon/Cube and Raid build, listed below in the Endgame section.
- Stroke: Hopper is a great movement skill to help traverse around areas where you can't mount up and in story dungeon.
- Use Paint: Ink Well when mobs are group up so you can wipe the packs with Paint: Pouncing Tiger massive damage and finish them off with other skills after if they're not dead yet.
- Paint: Starry Night deals a ton of damage alone if you need to clear more packs.
- You can choose to fully upgrade Paint: Sun Well early for massive damage boost for yourself to burst down story dungeon bosses and elites quicker.
Once you reach Level 50, the following guides will guide you through the end game content and activities:
- Support Artist Raid Build Guide
- Artist Chaos Dungeon Guide
- Artist PvP Guide
- Raid Guides
- Abyssal Dungeon Guides
- Use your mobility skills to travel around quickly in areas where mounts are disabled.
- Use Paint: Ink Well to group mobs up before bursting them with Paint: Pouncing Tiger and other skills later.
- Paint: Starry Night deals massive damage as well if you need to keep clearing packs.
- You can sort out some skill points to max out Paint: Sun Well when entering the dungeon to burst down bosses quickly with the massive damage buff for yourself.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Starlast