Learn about the Gear, Gear Progression, Empowered Blessings and Idols for the Squirrel Beastmaster Build.
Gearing in Last Epoch revolves around finding Items and then using the powerful Crafting System to enhance them. As long as an Item has Forging Potential left, players can upgrade or modify their Affixes up to Tier 5. However, the powerful Exalted Tier Affixes are drop only and can't be modified by players.
Using the correct Item Bases allows you to make use of their amazing Implicits, this is fundamental for gearing efficiently. Combine Implicits, Passives, Idols and Blessings to cap your Resistances and other defensive layers, while fitting as much Health related Affixes or Endurance Threshold into your gear as possible. Plan ahead for your next upgrades and consider the final Blessings of your build while gearing. Finish up by farming Uniques with Legendary Potential and Sealing Affixes into Exalted Items to unleash all of your build's power!
Here are the Stat Goals for this build:
- Capped Resistances
- Capped Critical Strike Avoidance
- Capped Endurance
- 2000 - 4000+ Health
- 50% - 100% Block Chance
- 1000 - 2000+ Block Effectiveness
- 40% - 50%+ Armour
- 50 - 70+ Strength
- 100% Crit Chance With Summon Wolf
- 400%+ Minion Health
- 30% - 50%+ Minion Dodge Chance
- 30% - 60%+ Movement Speed
Aim for good Item Bases with two valuable T5 Affixes. The defensive rolls on T5 Suffixes are very important at this stage as they can easily cap all your Resistances when combined with Item Implicits, Idols, Blessings or Passives. Get any Weapon with valuable Affixes until you are high enough level to equip a Dragonbone Axe.
Make sure your Critical Strike Avoidance is capped. Remember that Woven Flesh is always an option early on. It can be farmed by killing the Abomination in the Fall of the Outcast Monolith Timeline.
Fit as much Health into your gear as possible. Hybrid Health and %Health are extremely valuable, but can be hard to find early on. Use regular flat Health until you find them.
Get T5 Added Minion Melee Crit Chance on your Body Armour as soon as possible. Aim for T5 Level of Summon Wolf on your Helmet and Level of Summon Frenzy Totem on your Relic to invest extra Points on their Skill Trees.
While you look for this basic set of gear, start farming your Empowered Blessings and look for any Idols that can help you cap all your Resistances momentarily, provide utility or increase your Damage output.
Learn the basics for crafting gear with our Beginner Crafting Guide.
Check our Unique Item & Set Farming Guide and learn how to get them!
Want to know more about Legendary Items? Check our Legendary Guide!
Completing a Timeline in the Monolith of Fate lets you choose one of several randomized Blessings from its unique pool. Their benefits are permanent and persist even outside of the Monolith of Fate.
Empowered Blessings are a fundamental part of all builds, so getting the correct ones for each is key.
The sooner you reach Empowered Monolith, the faster you can start farming your desired Blessings!
Normal Blessings are not very important as they are eventually replaced by Empowered Blessings. However, they can still be a great source of Resistances, Critical Strike Avoidance or Life Leech for your build early on.
Pick up these Normal Blessings on your way to Empowered:
- Echo of Solarum
- Bastion of Divinity
- Survival of Might
- Persistance of Will
- Protection of Heorot
- Resolve of Grael
- Bones of Eternity
- Heart of the Caldera
- Embers of Immortality
- Body of Obsidian
Note: Don't target farm Normal Blessings. Get to Empowered Monolith as fast as you can.
Reaching Empowered Monolith unlocks all the level 100 Timelines and the ability to farm Empowered Blessings. Unlike Normal Blessings, these need to be farmed until you get the desired ones for your build. It is extremely important to get this set up as quickly as possible to free up affix slots on your gear. Remember, the more value you get from your Blessings, the easier it is to craft efficient gear!
These are the core Combat Empowered Blessings for this build:
- Start with Grand Survival of Might. A high roll on this Empowered Blessing can be combined with Large Nomad Idols or a single T5 Critical Strike Avoidance to completely cap it.
- Farm Grand Echo of Solarum and Grand Bastion of Divinity for the Resistances they provide.
- Continue with Grand Bones of Eternity for the extra Block Effectiveness.
- Finish up by farming the best rolled Grand Body of Obsidian you can get. It grants an insane amount of Flat Armour that helps increase the survivability of the build and synergises greatly with all the Strength the build stacks. You can grab Grand Embers of Immortality instead if your gear lacks Endurance, but it's not as efficient.
These Empowered Blessings are flexible and depend on your current needs and goals.
These are valuable Empowered Drop Rate Blessings for this build:
- Grand Pride of Rebellion helps you find more Grand Heorot Idols with Chance To Gain Haste For 3 Seconds When You Summon A Totem Prefix and Minion Melee Attack Speed Suffix.
- Grand Sight of the Outcasts on the other hand, is valuable to help you find Large Nomad Idols with %Health Prefix and Critical Strike Avoidance for You and Your Minions Suffix.
- Once you find all your Idols, switch to Grand Winds of Fortune and focus on Uniques instead.
- Grand Scars of Blood helps you find more Exalted and Unique Axes.
- Lastly take Grand Arrogance of Argentus to increase your chance of finding Helmets with Exalted Level of Summon Wolf. You can also farm Grand Vision of the Aurora if you are still looking for The Fang or Grand Binds of Sanctuary if you still need a Bastion of Honour.
Learn how to farm Blessings fast with our Advanced Monolith Strategies.
Idols grant your character bonuses when equipped in the dedicated Idol Container. Unlock all the slots of your Idol Container by completing the Campaign and some of its Side Quests. Remember that some Idols are Class specific and you won't be able to equip them with other non-compatible Classes.
These are the Idols recommended for this build:
- Get 4 Grand Heorot Idols with Chance To Gain Haste For 3 Seconds When You Summon A Totem Prefix and Minion Melee Attack Speed Suffix. You might also need 1 with Poison Resistance Suffix, depending on your current gear and needs.
- Find 2 Large Nomad Idol with %Health Prefix. For the Suffixes aim for Critical Strike Avoidance for You and Your Minions.
- You also want 1Humble Eterran Idol with Vitality Prefix and Void Resistance to cap it.
- You might need extra Resistances out of your Idols early on, so keep an eye for anything useful until you get your final setup.
Other useful Idol Affixes
- Elemental Resistance
- Poison Resistance
- Void Resistance
- Physical Resistance
- Minion Dodge Rating
- Increased Aspect Of The Boar Effect
- Minion Critical Strike Chance
- Minion Melee Critical Strike Chance
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Idol Slots.
Learn how to be efficient with Idols with our Advanced Idols Setups Guide.