Learn about Skills and Passives for the Mage Spellblade Leveling Build.
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives in the first half of any Mastery regardless of the one you chose. Powerful skills and nodes are usually found in the masteries tree.
Don't spend any passive point past 20 points invested until you get your Mastery!
Spec Fireball as your main damage skill until you unlock Glacier.
Spec Glacier when you unlock it. It is your main Damage Skill until you spec into Shatter Strike. Cast it until your mana is depleted, then use Mana Strike to get your mana back to full. Ideally adjust your positioning so that every explosion hits the boss.
At level 8 spec Mana Strike and use it to regain Mana. The entire tree is focused around increasing the mana gained on hit and we take advantage of the Spellblade passive tree to gain Ward on melee hit.
At level 20 spec Flame Ward. It is a powerful Defensive Skill with insane Damage Reduction and Wards. You are extremely tanky while it's active but its duration is short! Dual Aegis is a crucial Node, as it provides a second charge for the ability.
At level 35 spec Shatter Strike. It becomes your main damage skill once you unlock Firebrand, before use Glacier. This setup requires you to use Firebrand at least 3 times to get a guaranteed crit when using Shatter Strike and you want to dual wield swords for maximum damage.
When you unlock Firebrand replace Mana Strike for Enchant Weapon. Use it to gain a massive damage buff for a duration.
When you unlock Firebrand replace Mana Strike for it. Use it until you get max stacks to enhance your Shatter Strike and guarantee it always crits. It also grants a lot of ward.
At level 50 spec into Teleport. It is your Movement Skill and also grants Elemental Resistances, Flat Armour and Stun Immunity for a duration on use. It also spawns Mirror Images that taunts nearby monsters for 13s.
As we level the power of skills shift, with some becoming stronger while others get weaker. To account for this, we transition from a setup that is optimized for early game to one that is more suited to tackling endgame content.
- At level 4 spec Fireball and use it until you unlock Glacier.
- When you unlock Glacier respec Fireball for it and use it as your main damage skill.
- At level 8 spec Mana Strike and use it to regain mana.
- At level 20 spec Flame Ward and use it to protect yourself from danger.
- Spam Teleport to move quickly through the chapters.
- At level 35 spec Shatter Strike but wait until you unlock Firebrand to use it as your main damage skill. You need to build stacks of Firebrand to use it too.
- When you unlock Firebrand respec Glacier for it. Use it 6 times before using Shatter Strike.
- At level 50 spec Teleport and use it to move quickly through the chapters.
- When you unlock Firebrand, replace Mana Strike by Enchant Weapon. Use it to boost your damage.
- Use Flame Ward to protect yourself from danger.