Learn about Gear and Gear Progression for the Mage Sorcerer Leveling Build.
Sorcerer Gear Progression
While we make recommendations for all items make sure you pay special attention to your weapon. Weapons are a core part of your character's power and getting a higher level base weapon increases your damage significantly. A good way to get better weapon bases is to buy them at the Gambler NPC in the Council Chamber town and in the End of Time town. Upgrade or buy your next weapon each time you reach the appropriate level.
If you are lucky you might get a Rune of Ascendance while leveling. Use this first on a relic to get a unique relic such as Grimoire of Necrotic Elixirs, Tome of Elements or Ucenui's Sphere.
You might also drop useful uniques for this build such as Oceareon, Ucenui's Sphere, Prismatic Gaze, Prism Wraps and Arboreal Circuit.
Gear Stats Priorities
- Health to bump your health up. Getting your health pool as high as possible is very important.
- Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed makes your experience smoother as it makes Teleport and Flame Ward available more often.
- Elemental Damage, Lightning Damage and Spell Damage are substantial boost to your damage as you have few sources of it outside of your gear.
- Cast Speed, Lightning Penetration and Critical Strike Multiplier are also an incredible to improve your damage.
- Level of Glacier, Level of Mana Strike, Level of Lightning Blast, Level of Static Orb, Level of Flame Ward and Level of Teleport are very important as skill tree nodes provides a substantial boost to your character power.
- Vitality, Health, Health and Hybrid Health to bump your health up. Getting your health pool as high as possible is very important.
- Fire Resistance, Lightning Resistance, Cold Resistance, Physical Resistance, Necrotic Resistance and Void Resistance to get your resistances to 75%. This is your second layer of defense, getting it capped to 75% is not vital.
- Dodge Rating and Armour are less important than health and resistances. This is your third layer of defense, getting some is useful, as you get 15% Dodge and Armour with little amount.
- Health Regen Per Second is a very effective way to regen health early, but it quickly falls off once you get other ways to regen such as leech.
- Chance to Chill on Hit, Chance to Slow on Hit and Chance to Apply Frailty on Hit are great secondary defensive stats.
- Health, Health, Vitality, Chance to gain Lightning Aegis when hit, Seconds of Stun Immunity after using Teleport and resistances for extra defences.
- Increased Cast Speed while you have Lightning Aegis, Increased Lightning Damage while you have Lightning Aegis, Critical Strike Chance With Lightning Skills, Increased Lightning Damage (Doubled If You Have Over 300 Max Mana), Shared Lightning Damage, Spell Lightning Damage, Added Static Orb Tendrils and Critical Strike Chance for big damage boosts.
Gearing Step by Step
- Level 2: Any Staff, two Jade Ring, Ruby Amulet and Runic Scroll.
- Level 6: Root Staff.
- Level 8: Refuge Boots and Adept Robes.
- Level 11: Start equipping Idols with Vitality, any type of resistance, Health, Health on Kill, Chance To Bleed On Hit, Chance To Poison On Hit and Chance To Ignite On Hit.
- Level 13: Sacrificial Staff with Elemental Damage and Cold Damage if possible.
- Level 14: Weathered Crown.
- Level 18: Copper Amulet.
- Level 19: Plated Belt.
- Level 23: Quarter Staff.
- Level 25: Two Gold Ring.