Learn about the Early Monolith Progression for the Mage Sorcerer Leveling Build.
Monolith of Fate
You are now done with the campaign and are ready to conquer the endgame, the Monolith of Fate. It has 2 difficulties, Normal and Empowered. In the Empowered Monolith all Timelines are at level 100 and have 100 base corruption, which scales item rarity making farming end game items much easier.
Although this article guides you up to your 3rd Timeline called the Ending the Storm Timeline, your longer term goal is to unlock Empowered Monoliths. This is achieved by completing the Spirits of Fire, The Age of Winter and The Last Ruin Timelines and then activating the beacon in the center.
Check the Monolith Beginner Guide for more details.
Early Monolith Strategies
As you want to gain stability fast, you need to rush the echo objective while killing monsters on your way. Until you unlock Empowered Monoliths, prioritize Exalted items and Uniques as completion reward when choosing echoes. If you die in an echo, you lose the completion bonus of that echo, so try not to. Also in your first Timeline prioritize the experience as it gives you a big boost in character power.
In the Fall of the Outcasts Timeline after killing Abomination, choose the level 66 Timeline. As a general rule when selecting Timelines, always choose the highest leveled one. This keeps you on the right-hand-side of the Monolith progression and provides more immediately relevant blessings as you progress through.
If you feel like you are taking too much damage, avoid the following echo modifiers:
- Increased damage of all types
- Enemies have increased critical strike chance
Remember that you can farm items in the previous Timeline, if the current one is too hard.
In the Monolith of Fate you have more opportunities to acquire better gear. Max your resistances quickly and have as much health as possible before investing into damage on your gear (except for your weapon, which is exclusively for damage). At the very least, max your physical, necrotic and void resistances for the first Timeline.
Here are the recommended items and affixes for each slot:
- Weapon: Temple Staff
- Helmet: Gilded Crown, Celestial Helm and
- Body Armour: Opulent Robes and Celestial Raiment.
- Belt: Bronze Belt
- Boots: Heoborean Boots and Solarum Greaves
- Gloves: Engraved Gauntlets
- Amulet: Bone Amulet
- Rings: Gold Ring
- Relic: Scrying Eye and Warding Scroll
- Flame Ward Charge and Added Ward
- Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed
- Level of Flame Ward, Level of Lightning Blast, Level of Mana Strike, Level of Static Orb and Level of Teleport
- Lightning Penetration
- Spell Damage, Elemental Damage and Lightning Damage
- Cast Speed
- Critical Strike Multiplier and Lightning Critical Strike Multiplier
- Hybrid Health
- Fire Resistance, Lightning Resistance, Cold Resistance, Elemental Resistance, Physical Resistance, Necrotic Resistance and Void Resistance
- Chance to Apply Frailty on Hit
- Chance to Chill on Hit
- Chance to Slow on Hit