Learn about the Skills, Gameplay and Passives for the Electrify Javelin Paladin Build.
Shield Throw is your primary Damage while also providing a huge Armor buff. You need Shield Barrage to remove the cooldown, while damage scaling comes from Molten Toss, Spiked Plates, and Rygar's Fury. Sharpened Rim is necessary to Crit cap, and Armoring Aegis provides Armor scaling.
Sigils Of Hope
Sigils Of Hope provides valuable buffs, but with a high Mana cost. Empowering Sigils and Decree of Flame provide extra damage. On defense Iron Sigils gives Endurannce Threshold but Sign of the Guardian is the biggest buff here. Last Wish, Enduring Hope and Word of Alacrity smooth out the play style.
Smite provides valuable Attack Speed, Cleanse and Regen buffs through Chance To Cast Smite When You Hit With Throwing Attacks. Keep this off your bar and use Shield Rush as your Movement Skill. If you're mana starved or don't have the Idol, forego using this skill and spec into Shield Rush for Rush Mastery.
Volatile Reversal is a unique Movement ability with tons of utility. Use it after Sigils Of Hope to recover mana. Time Rifts increases enemy damage taken while Warped Time and Catching Up speed up your build. It can also be used for extreme mobility and animation canceling so take the time to master this skill!
Holy Aura is a strong support ability that provides powerful buffs to you and allies. This setup focuses on granting defenses with the Shelter from the Storm plus Fire Pen from Rahyeh's Fury and tons of Throwing Attack Speed with the Expedite and Fanaticism Nodes, with the Haste buff on top!
Alternative Skills & Tips
- Put more Points into Sigils Of Hope's Iron Sigils Node over Burning Sign Node if want more tankiness and have enough Damage early on.
- More points can also be invested into Shield Throw's Armoring Aegis if you need defense over damage.
- Don't discount Eruption in Shield Throw. It doesn't deal significant damage but it does double the number of Shred and Ailments you apply per attack!
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Armour Clad grants Damage Reduction and is crucial for any Sentinel's survivability.
- Juggernaut, Abyssal Endurance and Holy Symbol and Defiance provide tons of Resistances.
- Place at least 1 Point into Gladiator, Steel Aegis, Honour and Shield Wall for the Block Chance.
- The stats granted by Reverence of Duality are extremely powerful.
- Invest your final Points in Prayer Aegis, Light of Rahyeh or Weapons Master, depending on your needs.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.
This Paladin uses Shield Throw] to destroy enemies with a high speed ricocheting Shield. Remember that you don't need Smite on your Skill bar. Make sure you are familiar with enemy mechanics to know when to use your Support Skills to stay alive. Pay attention to their telegraphed attacks!
- Cast 4 Sigils Of Hope for their buffs.
- Use Volatile Reversal to recover mana.
- Spam Shield Throw] at enemies.
- Use unspecced Shield Rush or Lunge to move across the map.
- Cast Volatile Reversal and Holy Aura on top of enemies for their buffs and extra Damage.
- Maintain 4 Sigils Of Hope up at all times.
- Rush to the objective with unspecced Shield Rush or Lunge.
- Proc the Haste buff from Holy Aura's Expedite Node for the additional Movement Speed.
- Be careful not to backtrack when using Volatile Reversal.
- Group mobs before using Volatile Reversal and Holy Aura to maximize their Buffs.
- Take advantage of all your defensive buffs and keep them active.
- Actively use Holy Aura to double the effect of its buffs.
- Use Volatile Reversal to ramp up your damage then spam Shield Throw].
- Keep unspecced Shield Rush off Cooldown for emergency situations or telegraphed Boss attacks.
Advanced Skill Tips
- Use Volatile Reversal to cancel out animations. This can be used to interrupt Shield Rush mid animation in dangerous situations. This mechanic can be pushed to the extreme by skilful players, creating a choreography of blinks and dashes that the enemy AI struggles to keep up with. At the same time, using this at the wrong time could end up with you in the wrong spot, so be extremely careful while learning how to use this Skill.
- Proc the Haste buff from Holy Aura's Expedite Node before using Shield Rush. The additional Movement Speed gained by the buff applies to the entire duration of Shield Rush, even if the buff expires.
- Keep track of your Armor from Shield Throw. Don't let it run too low or your survivability will drop!
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.