Learn about the Gear, Gear Progression, Empowered Blessings and Idols for the Electrify Javelin Paladin Build.
Gearing in Last Epoch revolves around finding Items and then using the powerful Crafting System to enhance them. As long as an Item has Forging Potential left, players can upgrade or modify their Affixes up to Tier 5. However, the powerful Exalted Tier Affixes are drop only and can't be modified by players.
Using the correct Item Bases allows you to make use of their amazing Implicits, this is fundamental for gearing efficiently. Combine Implicits, Passives, Idols and Blessings to cap your Resistances and other defensive layers, while fitting as much Health related Affixes or Endurance Threshold into your gear as possible. Plan ahead for your next upgrades and consider the final Blessings of your build while gearing. Finish up by farming Uniques with Legendary Potential and Sealing Affixes into Exalted Items to unleash all of your build's power!
Here are the Stat Goals for this build:
- Capped Resistances
- Capped Critical Strike Avoidance
- Capped Endurance
- 4000 - 5000+ Health
- 40% - 50% Armour Mitigation (Pre Buffs)
- 2500+ Block Effectiveness
- 75% - 100% Block Chance
- 275%+ Critical Strike Multiplier
- 110+ Throwing Damage
- 100%+ Throwing Attack Speed (Pre Buffs)
Aim for good Item Bases with two valuable T5 Affixes. The defensive rolls on T5 Suffixes are very important at this stage as they can easily cap all your Resistances when combined with Item Implicits, Idols, Blessings or Passives. Get a good Eagle Wing as soon as possible.
Make sure your Critical Strike Avoidance is capped. Remember that Woven Flesh is always an option early on. It can be farmed by killing the Abomination in the Fall of the Outcast Monolith Timeline.
Get T1 Throwing Damage and Reduced Mana Cost on both of your Rings and some Mana Regeneration to spam Shield Throw and use Shield Rush. Fit as much Health into your gear as possible. Hybrid Health and Health are extremely valuable, but can be hard to find early on. Use regular flat Health until you find them.
Get a source of Life Leech. Use Avarice (obtained by completing Erza's Ledger Quest in the Campaign), Bleeding Heart or Prism Wraps (if you have enough Crit) until you get Grand Wrath of Rahyeh.
While you look for this basic set of gear, start farming your Empowered Blessings and look for any Idols that can help you cap all your Resistances momentarily or increase your Damage output. Finding at least 1 Adorned Rahyeh Idol with Chance To Cast Smite When You Hit With Throwing Attacks is necessary to take advantage of Smite. On the suffix look for Chance To Shred Armor on Hit With Fire Skills, Block Effectiveness or Health.
Learn the basics for crafting gear with our Beginner Crafting Guide.
Check our Unique Item & Set Farming Guide and learn how to get them!
Want to know more about Legendary Items? Check our Legendary Guide!
Completing a Timeline in the Monolith of Fate lets you choose one of several randomized Blessings from its unique pool. Their benefits are permanent and persist even outside of the Monolith of Fate.
Empowered Blessings are a fundamental part of all builds, so getting the correct ones for each is key.
The sooner you reach Empowered Monolith, the faster you can start farming your desired Blessings!
Normal Blessings are not important as they are eventually replaced by Empowered Blessings. However they can still be a great source of Resistances, Critical Strike Avoidance or Life Leech for your build early on.
Pick up these Normal Blessings on your way to Empowered:
- Wrath of Rahyeh
- Bastion of Divinity
- Survival of Might
- Persistance of Will
- Bones of Eternity
- Embers of Immortality
- Body of Obsidian
- Breath of Cinders
Note: Don't target farm Normal Blessings. Get to Empowered Monolith as fast as you can.
Reaching Empowered Monolith unlocks all the level 100 Timelines and the ability to farm Empowered Blessings. Unlike Normal Blessings, these need to be farmed until you get the desired ones for your build. It is extremely important to get this set up as fast as possible to free up affix slots on your gear. Remember, the more value you get from your Blessings, the easier it is to craft efficient gear!
These are the core Combat Empowered Blessings for this build:
- Start with Grand Wrath of Rahyeh to take care of your sustain and free up gear slots.
- If you are lacking Critical Strike Avoidance, get Grand Survival of Might next.
- If you are lacking Block Effectiveness, get Grand Bones of Eternity. A high roll on this Empowered Blessing is eventually the goal, but you should move to the others and come back to farm an almost perfect one later on.
- Once your core Defenses are sorted, grab Grand Breath of Cinders for a huge DPS boost.
- Finish up by farming Grand Crash of the Waves. The CC benefit from this Blessing is hugely underrated and will make most normal enemies completely unable to reach you.
These Empowered Blessings are flexible and depend on your current needs and goals.
These are valuable Empowered Drop Rate Blessings for this build:
- Grand Mark of Agony is very valuable to help you find a Adorned Rahyeh Idol with a well rolled Chance To Cast Smite When You Hit With Throwing Attacks Prefix. Once you find it switch to the Sight of the Outcasts to find the rest of your Idols.
- Grab Grand Binds of Sanctuary to help you find more Shields or Grand Vision of the Aurora to find more Amulets.
- Take Grand Scars of Blood to find more One-Handed Axes.
- Grand Memory of Masters will help you find more Critical Strike Chance prefixes for your Body Armour and Helmet. Lastly Grand Hope of the Beginning is a more generic Blessing that can help a bit with Prefix farming but is skippable.
Learn how to farm Blessings fast with our Advanced Monolith Strategies.
Idols grant your character bonuses when equipped in the dedicated Idol Container. Unlock all the slots of your Idol Container by completing the Campaign and some of its Side Quests. Remember that some Idols are Class specific and you won't be able to equip them with other non-compatible Classes.
These are the Idols recommended for this build:
- Farm Throne of Ambition from Empowered God Hunter Argentus. Find an Adorned Rahyeh Idols with Chance To Cast Smite When You Hit With Throwing Attacks and Block Effectiveness, Health or Chance To Shred Armor on Hit With Fire Skills.
- Get 2 Large Rahyeh Idol with Throwing Attack Critical Strike Multiplier and Chance To Shred Armor on Hit With Fire Skills.
- Get 2 Small Eterran Idols with Increased Stun Chance and Void Resistance. These grant enough Void Resistance to cap it when combined with your Passive Tree. Finish off with 2 Stout Lagonian Idol with Health and Health.
Other useful Idol Affixes
- Elemental Resistance
- Fire Resistance
- Lightning Resistance
- Void Resistance
- Physical Resistance
- Poison Resistance
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Idol Slots.
Learn how to be efficient with Idols with our Advanced Idols Setups Guide.