Learn about the Early Monolith Progression for the Primalist Shaman Leveling Build.
Monolith of Fate
You are now done with the campaign and are ready to conquer the endgame, the Monolith of Fate. It has 2 difficulties, Normal and Empowered. In the Empowered Monolith all Timelines are at level 100 and have 100 base corruption, which scales item rarity making farming end game items much easier.
Although this article guides you up to your 3rd Timeline called the Ending the Storm Timeline, your longer term goal is to unlock Empowered Monoliths. This is achieved by completing the Spirits of Fire, The Age of Winter and The Last Ruin Timelines and then activating the beacon in the center.
Check the Monolith Beginner Guide for more details.
Early Monolith Strategies
As you want to gain stability fast, you need to rush the echo objective while killing monsters on your way. Until you unlock Empowered Monoliths, prioritize Exalted items and Uniques as completion reward when choosing echoes. If you die in an echo, you lose the completion bonus of that echo, so try not to. Also in your first Timeline prioritize the experience as it gives you a big boost in character power.
In the Fall of the Outcasts Timeline after killing Abomination, choose the level 66 Timeline. As a general rule when selecting Timelines, always choose the highest leveled one. This keeps you on the right-hand-side of the Monolith progression and provides more immediately relevant blessings as you progress through.
If you feel like you are taking too much damage, avoid the following echo modifiers:
- Increased damage of all types
- Enemies have increased critical strike chance
Remember that you can farm items in the previous Timeline, if the current one is too hard.
In the Monolith of Fate you have more opportunities to acquire better gear. Max your resistances quickly and have as much health as possible before investing into damage on your gear (except for your weapon, which is exclusively for damage). At the very least, max your physical, necrotic and void resistances for the first Timeline.
Here are the recommended items and affixes for each slot:
- Weapon : Obsidian Axe
- Helmet : Icewolf Pelt, Darkwolf Pelt and Ancestral Crown
- Body Armour : Kolheim Armor, Greatwood Coat and Ancestral Garb
- Belt : Bronze Belt
- Boots : Heoborean Boots and Solarum Greaves
- Gloves : Engraved Gauntlets
- Amulet : Bone Amulet
- Rings : Turquoise Ring
- Relic : Ochre Antler
- Level of Summon Thorn Totem, Level of Spriggan Form, Level of Summon Storm Crow, Level of Eterra's Blessing and Level of Summon Spriggan
- Cast Speed and Cast Speed for Totems
- Minion Damage and Totem Damage
- Critical Strike Chance for Totems, Minion Spell Critical Strike Chance and Minion Spell Critical Strike Chance
- Minion Chance To Poison On Hit
- Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed
- Hybrid Health
- Fire Resistance, Lightning Resistance, Cold Resistance, Elemental Resistance, Physical Resistance, Necrotic Resistance and Void Resistance
- Damage Over Time For You And Your Minions, Spell Damage For You And Your Minions, Damage Over Time for Minions and Minion Spell Damage