Learn about the Skills, Gameplay and Passives for the Reign of Winter Bowmage Marksman Build.
Use Detonating Arrow and its Lightning Tendrils to proc tons of Icicles from Reign of Winter. Group enemies and line up the cone shaped AoE from Detonating Arrow to increase the amount of Icicles procced.
Shurikens can be used as an additional Movement Skill and they automatically proc every time you use Shift. Additionally, Bladed Armor provides a substantial %Armour buff and Stagger Roots enemies that get too close to you.
Shift is your main Movement Skill. Use it to move around quickly and time it properly to prevent incoming damage thanks to Shadowslip. This setup also provides a short Movement Speed buff and procs 5 Shurikens after each use.
Decoy is a very powerful Support Skill. It provides multiple temporary buffs and Taunts enemies while it's active, an amazing defensive mechanic. If foes get too close, it can be used as a panic button as it instantly Fears anything inside its AoE on use.
Smoke Bomb can be used as an extra gap closer providing great defensive buffs and utility. Cleansing Steam provides a Cleanse and Thick Smoke leaves a persistent Slow on the ground that makes kitting enemies easier.
Alternative Skills & Tips
- You can also use Channeled Flurry and Multishot with Giant Slayer for slightly better single target, exchanging utility and survivability. This guide is more balanced and has tools to survive the end game content. If you prefer to be a glass cannon, you can go for the other variant.
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Take the Dexterity, Bow Attack Speed, Glancing Blow, Critical Strike Multiplier and Critical Vulnerability Nodes.
- Draining Arrows and Perfect Aim are crucial for sustain; grab them as soon as possible.
- Death from Afar can boost your Damage significantly, don't underestimate it!
- We highly recommend investing 5 points into Pursuit for the bonus Movement Speed.
- All the points related to the Concentration buff are the lowest priority, so leave them for last.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.
The Bowmage wants to position itself far away from its enemies while raining down its deadly projectiles. Make sure you are familiar with enemy mechanics to know when to use your Support Skills to stay alive. Paying attention to the telegraphs of your enemies and staying out of their range is critical with this build.
- Spam Detonating Arrow while you kite, line up the explosion with as many mobs as possible to maximize the amount of Icicles procced.
- Keep your Bladed Armor buff from Shurikens active by using Shift as often as possible when out of danger.
- Smoke Bomb can be used as an extra gap closer that leaves a persistent Slow on the ground for easier kitting.
- Move quickly with Shift, Shurikens and Smoke Bomb.
- When enemy density is high, use Decoy and redirect their aggro. Wait for them to group while you run towards your objective then attack them with Detonating Arrow. The bigger the group you attack, the more Icicle.
- Use Decoy to distract the Boss. Take advantage of this window to reposition or DPS.
- Shift can save you from incoming damage. Time it against dangerous telegraphed Boss attacks.
- Hold Shurikens and Smoke Bomb to juke incoming attacks or until you need their defensive buffs.
Advanced Skill Tips
- Escape Tactics and Acrobatics Backflips allow you to clip over certain small obstacles, walls and doors. Learn this to maximize your mobility and kitting potential.
- Shift can also cross small terrain gaps and fences. An expert player can benefit immensely from this to gain distance and keep kitting.
- The backflip dashes from Shurikens and Smoke Bomb have to be aimed at the opposite direction you want to dash towards if you want to move forward with them.
- Time your Decoy explosion with the Dodge buff from Shift to obtain extra Critical Strike Multiplier.
- Icicle have massive range and can go through most terrain. Stay behind obstacles and take advantage of it. If you learn how to position properly, everything dies before it can even hit you.
- Make sure you always have at least one Silver Shroud active, so the Concentration buffs stay active. Since Silver Shrouds last 10 seconds each, you can time Smoke Bomb and Covering Fire apart to make sure you always have one Silver Shroud active, or quickly recover them if they proc. If you do this properly you can always have this protection against hits that can be Dodged, including some major Boss mechanics!
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.