Learn about Skills and Passives for the Sentinel Paladin Leveling Build.
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives in the first half of any Mastery regardless of the one you chose. Powerful skills and nodes are usually found in the masteries tree.
Don't spend any passive point past 20 points invested until you get your Mastery!
Hammer Throw is your first specialized skill. It is your main Damage Skill until you spec into Holy Trail from Javelin. It has insane Damage and AoE by getting as many hits as possible to apply DoTs with high damage early in the campaign.
At level 15 spec into Javelin. It is your main Damage Skill once you spec into Holy Trail. This makes Javelin a DoT Skill that we also scale with Healing Effectiveness through Path of Judgement.
When you unlock your mastery spec into Holy Aura. You gain 40% elemental res, 15% endurance, lots of damage and the ability to cleanse ailment when using the skill.
At level 35 respec Hammer Throw for Volatile Reversal. It is an incredible offensive tool and way to recover mana. It more than double your damage for a short duration by using it close to monsters and it rewinds times by 2s for your character, useful to gain your mana recently spent.
Sigils of Hope
At level 35 spec into Sigils Of Hope. It is your only real mana spender and you always want your maximum amount of sigils up as It helps you scales your Holy Trail damage. To make them easier to sustain, you want to equip idols with Seconds to Sigils of Hope Duration.
At level 50 spec into Shield Rush. You want to use it in long corridors or open space as you can't change direction after using it. This setup allows you to use it without equipping a shield.
As we level the power of skills shift, with some becoming stronger while others get weaker. To account for this, we transition from a setup that is optimized for early game to one that is more suited to tackling endgame content.
- At level 4 spec Hammer Throw and use it as your main damage skill until you spec into Holy Trail from Javelin.
- At level 18 spec into Javelin. Don't use it until you spec into Holy Trail.
- Use Lunge to move quickly through the chapters.
- Use Javelin as your main damage skill.
- When you unlock your mastery spec into Holy Aura. It provide passive buffs to your damage and defence.
- At level 35 spec into Sigils Of Hope. Use it to boost your damage and defence.
- At level 35 respec Hammer Throw for Volatile Reversal. Use it on high health enemies to more than double your damage.
- At level 50 spec into Shield Rush. Use it to move quickly in areas.