Learn about Skills and Passives for the Acolyte Necromancer Leveling Build.
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives in the first half of any Mastery regardless of the one you chose. Powerful skills and nodes are usually found in the masteries tree.
Don't spend any passive point past 20 points invested until you get your Mastery!
Wandering Spirits is specced at level 4 and is your main AoE skill before switching to Spirit Plague when it unlocks. You cast it on cooldown to clear the entire screen or even against bosses to get more damage. This setup apply fear to monsters, which is especially useful in the early campaign when monster density is high.
Hungering Souls is specced at level 8 and is used for single target damage and as a buffing skill. It allows you to scale Wandering Spirits even more thanks to Inspired Hunger. It also inflict Possess by default dealing Damage over Time.
Once you unlock Spirit Plague, respec Wandering Spirits for it. Use it both for clearing and single target until you respec it for Dread Shade.
Summon Bone Golem
Once we unlock Spirit Plague, respec Hungering Souls for Summon Bone Golem. It is your main Damage Skill once you unlock Dread Shade. This setup revolves around proccing Bone Nova when he is hit by Rip Blood.
At level 20 spec into Rip Blood. After unlocking Dread Shade, It is used on your Summon Bone Golem to proc Bone Nova. This setup also allow you to regen mana, health and buff your Summon Bone Golem.
Summon Volatile Zombie
Summon Volatile Zombie is a skill you spam on cooldown to increase your overall Damage through Corpse Bane and Pull of the Grave. You also regen Health every time they explode thanks to Necromantic Fervor.
Dread Shade replaces Spirit Plague. It is used on your Summon Bone Golem to significantly boost his damage. It makes him always Crit, gives him more damage and boosts your cast speed so you can proc Bone Nova on your Summon Bone Golem more often.
Transplant is specced at level 50 and is your movement skill. You gain Bone Armor when using it thanks to Bone Armor, reducing damage taken and armor for 7 seconds and can kill monsters below 15% Health with Violent Emergence.
As we level the power of skills shift, with some becoming stronger while others get weaker. To account for this, we transition from a setup that is optimized for early game to one that is more suited to tackling endgame content.
Very Early Setup
- At level 4 spec Wandering Spirits and use it as a clearing skill.
- At level 8 spec into Hungering Souls. It is used for single target damage and to boost your Damage over Time from other skills.
- Once you unlock Spirit Plague, respec Wandering Spirits for it. Use it both for clearing and single target until you unlock Dread Shade.
- Once we unlock Spirit Plague, respec Hungering Souls for Summon Bone Golem. Use it to aggro monsters.
- At level 20 spec into Rip Blood. Don't use it until you unlock Dread Shade.
- Use Transplant to move quickly through the chapters.
- At 30 points in the Necromancer tree respec Spirit Plague for Dread Shade. Use it on your golem to buff its damage.
- After you unlock Dread Shade, use Rip Blood on your Summon Bone Golem to proc Bone Nova and deal damage.
- At level 35 spec into Summon Volatile Zombie and cast it on high health enemies to increase your damage. They also heal you when they die.
- At level 50 spec into Transplant and use it to move quickly through areas and get Frenzy.