Learn about Item, Gear Progression and Gear Stat Priorities for the Acolyte Necromancer Leveling Build.
Necromancer Gear Progression
While we make recommendations for all items make sure you pay special attention to your weapon. Weapons are a core part of your character's power and getting a higher level base weapon increases your damage significantly. A good way to get better weapon bases is to buy them at the Gambler NPC in the Council Chamber town and in the End of Time town. Upgrade or buy your next weapon each time you reach the appropriate level.
If you are lucky you might get a Rune of Ascendance while leveling. Use this first on boots to get unique boots such as Eterra's Path.
You might also drop useful uniques for this build such as Death Rattle, Reach of the Grave, Arek's Bones Eterra's Path, Usurper's Mandate, Ribbons of Blood, Ravens' Rise and Arboreal Circuit.
Gear Stats Priorities
- Vitality to bump your health up. Getting your health pool as high as possible is very important.
- Minion Health is a good stat to get as it boosts your Summon Bone Golem and Summon Volatile Zombie health as well as increases your recovery from Necromantic Fervor on Summon Volatile Zombie skill tree.
- Spell Damage, Necrotic Damage and Damage Over Time are a great early boost to Hungering Souls and Wandering Spirits damage. After speccing in Summon Bone Golem though, we don't care about those stats.
- Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed makes your experience way smoother as it makes Transplant available more often.
- Cast Speed is a big boost to your Damage as it increases the number of Bone Nova procs of your Summon Bone Golem.
- Minion Damage is incredible for improving your Summon Bone Golem and Summon Volatile Zombie damage.
- Level of Hungering Souls, Level of Wandering Spirits, Level of Summon Bone Golem, Level of Summon Volatile Zombie, Level of Rip Blood, Level of Dread Shade and Level of Transplant are very important as skill tree nodes provides a substantial boost to your character power.
- Intelligence scale Hungering Souls, Wandering Spirits damage as well as Summon Bone Golem and Summon Volatile Zombie and gives them more Health.
- Health, Health and Hybrid Health to bump your health up. Getting your health pool as high as possible is very important.
- Fire Resistance, Lightning Resistance, Cold Resistance, Physical Resistance, Necrotic Resistance and Void Resistance to get your resistances to 75%. This is your second layer of defense, getting it capped to 75% is not vital.
- Dodge Rating and Armour are less important than health and resistances. This is your third layer of defense, getting some is useful, as you get 15% Dodge and Armour with little amount.
- Health Regen Per Second is a very effective way to regen health early, but it quickly falls off once you get other ways to regen.
- Minion Physical Damage and Minion Spell Damage are incredible for improving your Summon Bone Golem and Summon Volatile Zombie damage.
- Health, Health, Health, Vitality and resistances for extra defences.
- Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed With Transplant, Shared Physical Damage, Minion Chance To Apply Mark For Death On Hit and Critical Strike Chance For You And Your Minions for big damage boosts.
Gearing Step by Step
- Level 2: Travelling Staff, two Jade Ring, Defiled Bones.
- Level 4: Brass Amulet.
- Level 6: Root Staff and Avarice.
- Level 8: Refuge Boots.
- Level 11: Start equipping Idols with Vitality, any type of resistance, Health, Health on Kill.
- Level 13: Sacrificial Staff.
- Level 14: Witch Robes.
- Level 17: Skull Cage.
- Level 19: Plated Belt.
- Level 21: Oak Sceptre, Leatherbound Tome and Silver Grail.
- Level 23: Outcast Boots.
- Level 25: Two Gold Ring.