Learn about Item, Gear Progression and Gear Stat Priorities for the Rogue Marksman Leveling Build.
Marksman Gear Progression
While we make recommendations for all items make sure you pay special attention to your weapon. Weapons are a core part of your character's power and getting a higher level base weapon increases your damage significantly. A good way to get better weapon bases is to buy them at the Gambler NPC in the Council Chamber town and in the End of Time town. Upgrade or buy your next weapon each time you reach the appropriate level.
If you are lucky you might get a Rune of Ascendance while leveling. Use this first on a quiver to get a unique quiver such as Arrowguard or Sanguine Hoard.
You might also drop useful uniques for this build such as Valdyr's Chalice, Bleeding Heart, Corsair's Blood Cowl, Arrowguard and Arboreal Circuit.
Gear Stats Priorities
- Vitality to bump your health up. Getting your health pool as high as possible is very important.
- Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed makes your experience smoother as it makes Decoy and Shift available more often.
- Physical Damage, Damage Over Time and Increased damage while wielding a bow are substantial boost to your damage as you have few sources of it outside of your gear.
- Level of Puncture, Level of Shift, Level of Detonating Arrow, Level of Acid Flask and Level of Shurikens are very important as skill tree nodes provides a substantial boost to your character power.
- Health, Health and Hybrid Health to bump your health up. Getting your health pool as high as possible is very important.
- Fire Resistance, Lightning Resistance, Cold Resistance, Physical Resistance, Necrotic Resistance and Void Resistance to get your resistances to 75%. This is your second layer of defense, getting it capped to 75% is not vital.
- Dodge Rating and Armour are less important than health and resistances. This is your third layer of defense, getting some is useful, as you get 15% Dodge and Armour with little amount.
- Chance to Chill on Hit, Chance to Slow on Hit and Chance to Apply Frailty on Hit are great secondary defensive stats.
- Health Regen Per Second is a very effective way to regen health early, but it quickly falls off once you get other ways to regen.
- Chance to Bleed on Hit and Chance to Bleed on Bow Hit to increase your damage. Don't prioritize it as you already get 526% Bleed Chance from Bloodthirst and Disembowel alone. But before getting your Mastery they are great sources of damage.
- Health, Health, Vitality, Dodge Rating if Hit Recently and resistances for extra defences.
- Chance to Bleed on Bow Hit, Increased Bow Attack Speed for 3 seconds when you use a Bow Attack (10 second cooldown), Increased Damage while wielding a Bow, Chance to Bleed on Hit, Increased Area with Detonating Arrow, Shared Physical Damage and Physical Damage Over Time for big damage boosts.
- Chance to Bleed on Hit, Chance to Ignite on Hit and Chance to Poison on Hit for extra damage in the first 20 levels.
Gearing Step by Step
- Level 2: Any Two Handed Weapon, two Jade Ring and Ruby Amulet.
- Level 4: Venom Phial.
- Level 6: Birch Bow and a Light Quiver, with Chance to Ignite on Hit, Chance to Bleed on Hit or Chance to Poison on Hit if possible.
- Level 8: Refuge Boots.
- Level 11: Start equipping Idols with Vitality, any type of resistance, Health, Health on Kill, Chance To Bleed On Hit, Chance To Poison On Hit and Chance To Ignite On Hit.
- Level 13: Salvaged Bow.
- Level 19: Plated Belt.
- Level 20: Leather Mask.
- Level 23: Ivory Quiver.
- Level 25: Two Gold Ring.