Learn about Skills and Passives for the Acolyte Lich Leveling Build.
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives in the first half of any Mastery regardless of the one you chose. Powerful skills and nodes are usually found in the masteries tree.
Don't spend any passive point past 20 points invested until you get your Mastery!
At level 4 spec into Wandering Spirits. It is your main AoE skill before switching to Spirit Plague when it unlocks. You cast it on cooldown to clear the entire screen or even against bosses to get more damage. This setup applies fear to monsters, which is especially useful in the early campaign when monster density is high.
Hungering Souls is specced at level 8 and is your main single target skill. It inflicts Possess, a Damage over Time ailment, however this build focuses around hit damage. This skill really shines once you unlock Death Seal and enable its autocasting, but before that rely on Spirit Plague to kill packs.
Once you unlock Spirit Plague, respec Wandering Spirits for it. Use it to clear monsters and bosses as it spreads to other targets once a monster dies from it. Casting it repeatedly boosts its damage even more thanks to Pestilence. Once Hungering Souls is cast automatically by Death Seal, only use it to clear packs of monsters.
Once you get your Mastery, spec into Reaper Form. It gives you an additional health bar that increasingly decays over time. It also gives an insane amount of damage and defense with some of its nodes. Use it on cooldown and try to get out of Reaper Form before changing areas as it refreshes your cooldown when you enter a different area.
Once you unlock Death Seal, spec into it. This setup locks your health at 33% and gives an incredible amount of damage and damage reduction in return. You always want to use it in combination with Reaper Form. It also enables this build to autocast Hungering Souls.
Transplant is specced at level 50 and is your movement skill. You gain Bone Armor when using it thanks to Bone Armor, reducing damage taken and armor for 7 seconds and can kill monsters below 15% Health with Violent Emergence.
As we level the power of skills shift, with some becoming stronger while others get weaker. To account for this, we transition from a setup that is optimized for early game to one that is more suited to tackling endgame content.
- At level 4 spec Wandering Spirits and use it as a clearing skill.
- At level 8 spec into Hungering Souls. It is used for single target damage before you unlock Spirit Plague and after you unlock Death Seal.
- Once you unlock Spirit Plague, respec Wandering Spirits for it. Use it for single target and clearing until you unlock Death Seal. Then only use it for clearing.
- Use Transplant to move quickly through the chapters.
- Once you get your Mastery, spec into Reaper Form. It gives you an additional health bar that increasingly decays over time and an insane amount of damage and defence.
- Once you unlock Death Seal, spec into it. This setups locks your health and ward at 33%, but gives more damage and reduce damage taken in return. It will also autocast Hungering Souls.
- Use Hungering Souls for single target.
- Use Spirit Plague for clearing or when low on mana.
- At level 50 spec into Transplant and use it to move quickly through areas and get Frenzy.