Learn about the Skills, Gameplay and Passives for the Holy Trail Javelin Paladin Build.
This Javelin setup focuses on enhancing the power of the Spell procced by the Holy Trail Node. Grab Path of Judgement to allow this ability to scale off Healing Effectiveness. Take Pilgrimage, Spear to the Thigh, Strategic Patience and Mighty Delivery for the huge Damage Multipliers.
Sigils Of Hope
Sigils Of Hope provides incredibly valuable buffs that stack, with a high Mana cost. Spec into Invigorate for additional Healing Effectiveness and Empowering Sigils for the Damage increase. This setup also grants survivability with Iron Sigils. Grab Last Wish for a chance to cast a Sigil on kill.
Lunge is your main Movement Skill. The Unstoppable Node is great for the Immunity it grants while using the ability. Grab Torchbearer to gain Fire Penetration from the Crusader's Fury buff. Invest the rest of the Points into Dawn Charge for the Heal it provides.
Volatile Reversal is a very unique Movement ability with tons of utility. Use the Time Rifts and Harbinger of Dust Nodes to apply a powerful debuff on your enemies that makes them take additional Damage. It can be used for extreme mobility and even animation canceling. Take your time and master its mechanics!
Holy Aura is a strong support ability that provides powerful buffs to yourself and everyone around you. This setup focuses on granting defenses with the Shelter from the Storm and Purification Nodes and great buffs for Holy Trail with the Redemption and Rahyeh's Fury Nodes.
Alternative Skills & Tips
- Volatile Reversal's Ancient Reversal Node allows you to travel further back, increasing the distance created while kiting enemies.
- Consider investing into Lunge's Double Strike Node over Unstoppable Node if you prefer to have more mobility instead of survivability. You could also grab Disarming Blow for a source of Frailty: enemies affected by this Ailment deal 6% less Damage (can stack 3 times).
- Put more Points in Sigils Of Hope's Iron Sigils Node over Invigorate Node if you lack survivability and have enough Damage early on.
- Don't get Sigils Of Hope's Meditation Node if you plan to play with a group.
- Replace Lunge with Shield Rush. It can be faster in certain map layouts but has a higher Mana Cost and Cooldown.
This Paladin uses Javelin to leave behind Holy Trail, a powerful Spell that burns enemies and heals yourself and allies. Make sure you are familiar with enemy mechanics to know when to use your Support Skills to stay alive. Pay attention to their telegraphed attacks!
- Cast 4 Sigils Of Hope for their buffs.
- Aim Javelin carefully, and release it, causing it to leave Holy Trail behind.
- Lunge to move around the battlefield. Hit as many enemies as possible to stack Crusader's Fury.
- Cast Volatile Reversal on top of enemies for its buffs and extra Damage.
- Use Holy Aura when you want to Slow enemies around you.
- Maintain 4 Sigils Of Hope at all times.
- Rush to the objective with Lunge.
- Walk on top of your own Holy Trail to get healed and funnel enemies into its burning AoE.
- Be careful to not backtrack when using Volatile Reversal.
- Group mobs before using Volatile Reversal to maximize its buffs.
- Take advantage of all your defensive buffs and keep them active.
- Actively use Holy Aura to double the effect of its buffs.
- Use Javelin on Bosses and then use Volatile Reversal on top of them to rapidly ramp your DPS.
- Keep a Movement Skill off Cooldown for emergency situations or telegraphed Boss attacks.
Advanced Skill Tips
- Use Volatile Reversal to cancel out animations. This can be used to interrupt Lunge mid animation in dangerous situations. This mechanic can be pushed to the extreme by skilful players, creating a choreography of blinks and dashes that the enemy AI struggles to keep up with. At the same time, using this at the wrong time could end up with you in the wrong spot. Be extremely careful while learning how to use this Skill.
- Walk from one end of Holy Trail to the other while enemies follow you and burn. When you reach the tip of the AoE, use Volatile Reversal to change the pathing of the enemies following you and keep them inside of it. Repeat this until they die.
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Armour Clad grants Damage Reduction and is crucial for any Sentinel's survivability.
- Juggernaut, Abyssal Endurance and Holy Symbol provide tons of Resistances.
- Place at least 1 Point in Gladiator, Steel Aegis, Honour and Shield Wall for the Block Chance.
- Grab Valor, Prayer and Reverence of Duality for their stats and additional Healing Effectiveness.
- Combine Faith Armour with gear to cap your Critical Strike Avoidance.
- The Flat Spell Damage granted by Heavenfire and Sanctuary Guardian are extremely powerful.
- Invest your final Points in Prayer Aegis or Light of Rahyeh, depending on your needs.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.