Learn about Gear and Gear Progression for the Forge Guard Leveling Build.
Forge Guard Gear Progression
While we make recommendations for all items make sure you pay special attention to your weapon. Weapons are a core part of your character's power and getting a higher level base weapon increases your damage significantly. A good way to get better weapon bases is to buy them at the Gambler NPC in the Council Chamber town and in the End of Time town. Upgrade or buy your next weapon each time you reach the appropriate level.
If you are lucky you might get a Rune of Ascendance while leveling. Use this first on boots to get unique boots such as Eterra's Path or Suloron's Step.
You might also drop useful uniques for this build such as Suloron's Step, Bastion of Honour and Arboreal Circuit.
Gear Stats Priorities
- Vitality to bump your health up. Getting your health pool as high as possible is very important.
- Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed makes your experience smoother as it makes Javelin available more often.
- Throwing Damage and Reduced Mana Cost is super important to make mana consumption manageable with this build.
- Melee Physical Damage, Chance To Shred Armor on Hit and Throwing Attack Speed are substantial boosts to your Manifest Armor damage as you have few sources of them outside of your gear.
- Melee Damage and Physical Damage are also an incredible to improve your Manifest Armor damage, but needs to be on your weapon!
- Minion Damage is also great at improving your Manifest Armor damage.
- Melee Damage Leeched as Health makes your Manifest Armor immortal by converting his damage into recovery.
- Level of Hammer Throw, Level of Shield Throw, Level of Manifest Armor, Level of Javelin, Level of Void Cleave and Level of Sigils Of Hope are very important as skill tree nodes provides a substantial boost to your character power.
- Attunement allow your Manifest Armor and Javelin to better scale, increasing both defense and offense by a small margin.
- Health, Health and Hybrid Health to bump your health up. Getting your health pool as high as possible is very important.
- Fire Resistance, Lightning Resistance, Cold Resistance, Physical Resistance, Necrotic Resistance and Void Resistance to get your resistances to 75%. This is your second layer of defense, getting it capped to 75% is not vital.
- Dodge Rating and Armour are less important than health and resistances. This is your third layer of defense, getting some is useful, as you get 15% Dodge and Armour with little amount.
- Chance to Chill on Hit, Chance to Slow on Hit and Chance to Apply Frailty on Hit are great secondary defensive stats.
- Health Regen Per Second is a very effective way to regen health early, but it quickly falls off once you get other ways to regen.
- Chance to Bleed on Hit, Chance to Poison on Hit and Chance to Ignite on Hit makes up most of your damage before unlocking your Mastery. Once you transition from Hammer Throw, they loose all their value.
- Minion Melee Damage and Minion Physical Damage are also great at improving your Manifest Armor damage.
- Health, Health, Vitality and resistances for extra defences.
- Seconds to Sigils of Hope Duration, Chance To Shred Armor on Hit with Throwing Attacks, Shared Physical Damage and Chance To Shred Armor on Hit for big damage boosts.
- Chance to Bleed on Hit, Chance to Ignite on Hit and Chance to Poison on Hit for extra damage in the first 20 levels.
Gearing Step by Step
- Level 2: Any Weapon with Chance to Poison on Hit, Chance to Bleed on Hit or Chance to Ignite on Hit, two Jade Ring and Sunrise Emblem.
- Level 4: Jade Amulet.
- Level 8: Refuge Boots
- Level 11: Start equipping Idols with Vitality, any type of resistance, Health, Health on Kill, Chance To Bleed On Hit, Chance To Poison On Hit and Chance To Ignite On Hit.
- Level 15: Iron Plate.
- Level 14: Cultist Chopper.
- Level 19: Plated Belt.
- Level 25: Two Gold Ring.