Learn about the Skills, Gameplay and Passives for the Elemental Nova Sorcerer Build.
Channelled Elemental Nova is your main Damage Skill. It has a huge AoE thanks to Elemental Expanse and great Damage Nodes like Spark Charges. Capping is Crit chance its easy with Lightning Nova and Charged Destruction.
Lightning Blast deals insane single target DPS thanks to Hypercharge and Convergence. Make sure to proc Lightning Attunement to keep Lightning Aegis active. Invest additional Points into Frontloaded for more Damage.
Teleport is your Movement Skill. This setup grants Elemental Resistances, Flat Armour and Elemental Damage for a duration on use. It also casts 3 Elemental Novas thanks to Elemental Dawn, Elemental Dusk and Elemental Midnight.
Flame Ward is a powerful Defensive Skill. The Damage Reduction it provides is just insane. You are extremely tanky while it's active but its duration is short! Dual Aegis is a crucial Node, as it provides a second charge for the ability.
Use Focus to regain Mana. Null Profusion and Null Infusion are great for gaining a big burst of Mana when you reach negative values, but are not mandatory. The Haste granted by Energy Infusion is great to reposition or kite after you use it.
Alternative Skills & Tips
- Get Comet Rush instead of Mana Tunnel and Rock Phase for Teleport while mapping for the Cooldown it provides for it.
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Take all the Cast Speed, Spell Critical Strike Chance and Critical Strike Multiplier Nodes.
- Rift Bolt provides a bit of Leech and is crucial for sustain early on.
- Investing points into Elemental Affinity and Elemental Ascendance helps cap Elemental Resistances.
- Whirling Snow grants Chill chance to all your Spells.
- Calculated Destruction is crucial to raise your Spell Critical Strike Chance.
- The Spark Novas from Distant Spark are great for applying Ailments.
- Recollection and Archmage are a must have for most Sorcerers.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.
This Sorcerer wants to position itself on a safe spot, far away from its enemies while channelling Elemental Nova. Make sure you are familiar with enemy mechanics to know when to use your Support Skills to stay alive. Pay attention to the telegraphed attacks of your enemies and stay out of their range.
- Buff yourself by casting Teleport.
- Cast Lightning Blast to gain Lightning Aegis.
- Choose a spot where it's safe to stand for a short duration.
- Aim at your enemies and start channelling Elemental Nova.
- Use Flame Ward defensively before you take Damage.
- Refresh your Teleport defensive buffs by casting it before they expire.
- Recast Lightning Blast when the Lightning Aegis buff expires.
- Use Focus to generate Mana.
- Use Focus efficiently to gain Haste for the maximum duration possible.
- Get the Comet Rush Node for Teleport while mapping for the Cooldown it provides for it.
- DPS dangerous enemies and the Echo Bosses with Lightning Blast.
- Use the Elemental Novas from Teleport to clear trash mobs while mapping and rushing the objective.
- Take advantage of all your defensive buffs and keep them active.
- Use Lightning Blast as it does more single target DPS than Elemental Nova.
- Flame Ward can save you from incoming Damage. Time it against dangerous telegraphed Boss attacks.
Advanced Skill Tips
- You are Stun Immune while channelling Elemental Nova and therefore it can't be interrupted that way.
- Target dangerous mobs first and finish them fast with Lightning Blast.
- Keep Lightning Aegis up at all times for the Damage Reduction.
- Always refresh the buffs provided by Teleport before they expire.
- Teleport is a blink and can be used to go over incoming attacks or terrain.
- You can use Flame Ward preventively before you engage dangerous enemies.
- Hold one charge of Flame Ward for emergency situations.
- When you are close to being out of Mana, use Elemental Nova or Teleport to intentionally reach negative values to then proc Null Infusion with Focus for a quick burst of Mana.
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.