Learn about Gear and Gear Progression for the Primalist Druid Leveling Build.
Druid Gear Progression
While we make recommendations for all items make sure you pay special attention to your weapon. Weapons are a core part of your character's power and getting a higher level base weapon increases your damage significantly. A good way to get better weapon bases is to buy them at the Gambler NPC in the Council Chamber town and in the End of Time town. Upgrade or buy your next weapon each time you reach the appropriate level.
If you are lucky you might get a Rune of Ascendance while leveling. Use this first on boots to get unique boots such as Eterra's Path.
You might also drop useful uniques for this build such as Bastion of Honour and Beast King.
Gear Stats Priorities
- Vitality to bump your health up. Getting your health pool as high as possible is very important.
- Melee Damage Leeched as Health as your primary way of recovery when you unlock Swarmblade Form.
- Chance to Bleed on Hit, Chance to Ignite on Hit and Chance to Poison on Hit are really good early as Damage over Time mechanics have high base damage. Physical Damage is also really good early to scale Bleeds and the Hit damage from Swipe. Once you spec Swarmblade Form, they become useless except for Chance to Bleed on Hit.
- Chance to Bleed on Hit is the best way to scale Swarmblade Form damage as you want to consume as many bleed as possible with Swarm Strike.
- Spell Damage, Damage Over Time, Cold Damage and Elemental Damage are good to boost your Maelstrom damage until you switch to Swarmblade Form.
- Damage Over Time, Melee Damage, Physical Damage and Poison Damage are great damage boost Locust Swarm from Swarmblade Form.
- Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed makes your experience way smoother as it makes skills available more often.
- Level of Swipe, Level of Maelstrom, Level of Serpent Strike, Level of Werebear Form, Level of Swarmblade Form, Level of Warcry and Level of Summon Spriggan are very important as skill tree nodes provides a substantial boost to your character power.
- Attunement is nice to boost your Damage after the affixes above. It also increases the dodge rating given by Aura of Evasion and the health of Summon Spriggan.
- Health, Health and Hybrid Health to bump your health up. Getting your health pool as high as possible is very important.
- Fire Resistance, Lightning Resistance, Cold Resistance, Physical Resistance, Necrotic Resistance and Void Resistance to get your resistances to 75%. This is your second layer of defense, getting it capped to 75% is not vital.
- Dodge Rating and Armour are less important than health and resistances. This is your third layer of defense, getting some is useful, as you get 15% Dodge and Armour with little amount.
- Health Regen Per Second is a very effective way to regen health early as we scale it further with Swipe tree, but it quickly falls off once you get other ways to regen.
- Health, Health, Vitality and resistances for extra defences.
- Minion Chance To Bleed On Hit, Chance To Bleed on Melee Hit for You and Your Minions, Melee Bleed Duration For You And Your Minions, Chance to Bleed on Hit, Minion Dodge Rating and Minion Melee Attack Speed for big damage boosts.
Gearing Step by Step
- Level 2: Any Two-Handed Weapon, two Jade Ring.
- Level 4: Jade Amulet and Sage Antler.
- Level 6: Avarice.
- Level 7: Spiked Great Club.
- Level 8: Refuge Boots.
- Level 11: Start equipping Idols with Vitality, any type of resistance, Health, Health on Kill.
- Level 12: Wolf Pelt.
- Level 13: Sacrificial Staff.
- Level 18: Ochre Antler.
- Level 19: Plated Belt.
- Level 21: Brass Amulet.
- Level 23: Outcast Boots and Quarter Staff.
- Level 25: Two Gold Ring.