Learn about the Skills, Gameplay and Passives for the Death Seal Lich Build.
This is a Reaper Form build. Thanks to the Unholy Dominion Node, Transplant doesn't share Cooldown with Reap, a new Skill granted while you are Transformed. This ability provides incredible offensive and defensive buffs with nodes like Rapid Destruction, Soul Shroud and Vile Shroud.
Death Seal is a core part of the build and it enables the Low Life playstyle thanks to Deadlock. This setup revolves around the Doomcall Node and scaling the Wave's Damage with Marina's Lost Soul. Combine Deadlock with Desperate Shroud and Corrupted Consciousness for powerful buffs.
This Rip Blood provides extra clear and Damage but mainly focuses on empowering the Waves from Death Seal. Grab Arcane Absorption to gain additional Flat Spell Damage. Hemomancer and Thirst allow you to spam this ability faster to stack Damned Stacks on yourself with Marina's Lost Soul.
Transplant is an amazing Movement Skill with tons of buffs and utility. Grant yourself the Frenzy and Haste buffs thanks to Acolyte's Fervor and cast Bone Curse with Doom Bringer. Grab Plated Bone to enhance the protective effects of Bone Armor.
Bone Curse is a Curse that attaches to enemies for a duration. The Sigil of Mortality Node inflicts the Mark For Death Ailment so enemies take extra Damage. It provides an additional hit source for extra survivability, utility and Damage. It can be automatically casted thanks to Transplant's Doom Bringer.
Alternative Skills & Tips
- This Death Seal is very flexible and highly depends on your gear. Adjust the Skill Tree based on your current needs and try to get Exalted Level of Death Seal on your Helmet and well rolled Omnis as soon as possible to enable its full potential. If you don't have enough Points to reach Cycle of Decay, invest into Tachycardia and ignore the lower side of the Skill Tree.
- If you have enough Points for Death Seal's Cycle of Decay, make sure to grab Pestilence inside Reaper Form for an easy source of Poison Chance. Curdled Flesh is also an option if you invest into additional Poison Chance on your Items, Passives or Idols.
- Consider investing Points into Deathtouch Scythe and Executioner inside Reaper Form if you don't need the defenses provided by Soul Shroud and Vile Shroud.
- The Violent Emergence Node inside Transplant is great for Bossing, but not really necessary with the Cull provided by Bone Curse's Brittle Bones Node.
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Take Nodes with Intelligence, Health, Cast Speed, Spell Critical Strike Chance and Critical Strike Multiplier.
- Investing points into Forbidden Knowledge helps cap Necrotic Resistance.
- Dance with Death has great synergy with Death Seal's Deadlock Node.
- Get tons of Spell Leech with Survival of the Cruel, Soul Maw and Ageless Ascetic.
- Elixir of Death is crucial for survivability.
- Three Plagues and Necrotic Energy boost your Damage substantially.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.
Dive in while spamming Rip Blood to stack Damned Stacks on yourself with Marina's Lost Soul and scale Doomcall's Damage as much as possible. Stay in combat and leech to keep Reaper Form up as long as possible. Make sure you are familiar with enemy mechanics to know when to use your Support Skills to stay alive. Pay attention to the telegraphed attacks of your enemies and stay out of their range.
- Transform into Reaper Form.
- Cast or proc Bone Curse.
- Spam Rip Blood at anything you see.
- If you have Marina's Lost Soul casting Rip Blood grants a Damned Stack on you.
- Get near enemies and cast Death Seal for massive Damage from its pulsing Waves.
- Use Reap and Transplant to juke or to dive into enemies.
- Keep spamming Rip Blood and wait for Death Seal's Cooldown before going in again.
- Let Death Seal kill enemies as you cruise through the Echoes.
- Time Reap and Transplant apart to always be on the move.
- Use the Haste gained from releasing Death Seal efficiently while your Movement Skills are on Cooldown.
- Save your Death Seal Cooldown for the Echo Boss, if there is one.
- Take advantage of all your buffs and keep them active.
- Save either Reap or Transplant for emergency situations.
- Use Death Seal and Elixir of Death to mitigate incoming Damage. Time them against dangerous telegraphed Boss attacks.
Advanced Skill Tips
- Keep your Reaper Form active by staying in combat and leeching.
- This build can be scary to play due to Low Life and the self-inflicted Damned stacks. Learn your limits and use the build's Spell Leech effectively to stay alive!
- Target dangerous mobs first and finish them fast with Death Seal.
- Transplant is a blink and can be used to go over incoming attacks or terrain.
- Use a Potion preventively before you engage dangerous enemies to proc Elixir of Death.
- Get at least 1 Large Immortal Idol or Huge Immortal Idol with Chance To Fear On Hit to keep CC enemies when you dive them.
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.