Learn about the Skills, Gameplay and Passives for the Cold Dot Werebear Druid Build.
This is a permanent Werebear Form build. You gain a new set of Skills and Mana is replaced by Rage while Transformed. This setup revolves around Wisened Claws to weaponize Strength, Ursine Storm to stack Maelstroms and Woodland Bear to cast Entangling Roots after using Maul.
Entangling Roots is your main clear Skill. This setup converts all of its Damage to Cold with Winternid Thorns. Spec into Entrapped, Noxious Grasp and Lethal Spines to enhance its DoT component.Overgrown Garden converts the AoE into a giant circle that makes this ability incredibly good at mapping.
This build procs Maelstrom while in Werebear Form for additional single target DPS and utility. It's very important that you reach 60 Attunement as soon as possible to double the Damage from Turbulence. As long as you have 6 stacks, it provides Haste with Windswept and Frenzy with Windfury.
You get access to Roar while Transformed, this ability benefits from the Warcry Skill Tree. Use it to proc Maelstroms from the Whirlpool Node and to gain the Berserker buff. Additionally, it can be used for an Immunity thanks to Juggernaut. Invest all extra points in Frost Claw.
Swipe can generate tons of Rage thanks to Werebear Form's Frenzied Strikes and Invigoration. Maximize its AoE with Wengarian Reach. Grab Aspect of the Panther and all its related Nodes; this powerful global DPS buff can enhance your Spells Damage significantly while Bossing.
Alternative Skills & Tips
- If you are running out of Rage, you can unspec Swipe and spec Spriggan Form instead. Utilize the Garden of Rage Node to turn your Summon Vines into Rage generators. Generate Vines by using Entangling Roots's Poisonous Seeds and Rampant Growth Nodes.
- Consider investing Points into Poisonous Seeds in Entangling Roots if you have Eterra's Path and Tears of the Forest to sustain Rage with ease.
- If you struggle with Rage sustain, take points out of Warcry's Whirlpool Node to spend less Rage by casting fewer Maelstroms when using it.
- You can spec Points into Warcry's Frost Claw Node if you are not fully utilizing Fury Strikes for single target DPS.
- Put more Points into Ursine Heart in Werebear Form to cap your Endurance if necessary.
Passives provide powerful effects that dictate the playstyle of a Class and its Masteries. Remember that you can allocate Passives on the first half of all Masteries regardless of the one you chose.
- Take all the Attunement, Strength, Melee Attack Speed and Cold Penetration.
- Rancour is crucial to avoid running out of Rage while in Werebear Form.
- Berserker, Ursine Strength, Boar Heart and Impervious provide insane Damage Reduction.
- Investing points into Natural Attunement helps cap Elemental Resistances.
- Thicket of Thorns allows you to proc Thorn Shield while in Werebear Form.
- Hideskin can turn any Druid into a tanky juggernaut.
- Harmonious Wisdom is great to cap Critical Strike Avoidance, especially for a build with 60+ Attunement.
- You can invest into Chitinous Plating if you need more Endurance to reach the 60% cap.
Make sure to complete the Campaign to get all your Passive Points.
This Druid wants to Roar on Cooldown, Rampage through the battlefield and group up big enemy packs before releasing Entangling Roots's giant AoE. Make sure you are familiar with enemy mechanics to know when to use your Support Skills to stay alive. Pay attention to their telegraphed attacks!
- Cast Roar for its buffs and to proc 4 Maelstroms.
- Rampage towards enemy packs.
- Use Maul to cast Entangling Roots.
- Cast Roar when it's available again.
- Maintain 6 stacks of Maelstrom to get Haste from Windswept and Frenzy from Windfury.
- Attack with Swipe to proc additional Maelstroms with Ursine Storm and to stack the Aspect of the Panther buff.
- Rush to the objective with Rampage.
- Group mobs before using Maul to maximize the AoE from Entangling Roots.
- Attack big groups of enemies with Maul or Swipe to proc Primal Strength.
- Spam Swipe while you wait for Cooldowns to proc additional Maelstroms with Ursine Storm.
- Fully stack the Berserker buff from Roar/Warcry to gain high Attack Speed.
- Take advantage of all your defensive buffs and keep them active.
- Roar can save you from incoming Damage. Time it against dangerous telegraphed Boss attacks.
Advanced Skill Tips
- If you are close to being out of Rage and out of danger, get out of your Werebear Form and cast it again while it goes off Cooldown.
- Cast Warcry before shapeshifting into Werebear Form and immediately follow with Roar to get 8 stacks of Maelstrom and benefit from Windswept and Windfury instantly when entering a new zone.
- Casting Entangling Roots through Woodland Bear bypasses the Overgrown Garden Cooldown.
- Maul is a leap and can be used to go over tiny walls and terrain gaps.
- Use Roar before using Maul for the Damage Immunity before engaging dangerous enemies.
Learn more about how to maximize your gameplay in the Build Scaling section of this guide.