Learn about Gear and Gear Progression for the Primalist Beastmaster Leveling Build.
Beastmaster Gear Progression
While we make recommendations for all items make sure you pay special attention to your weapon. Weapons are a core part of your character's power and getting a higher level base weapon increases your damage significantly. A good way to get better weapon bases is to buy them at the Gambler NPC in the Council Chamber town and in the End of Time town. Upgrade or buy your next weapon each time you reach the appropriate level.
If you are lucky you might get a Rune of Ascendance while leveling. Use this first on amulets to get unique amulets such as The Claw and The Fang.
You might also drop useful uniques for this build such as Beast King, Hakar's Phoenix, The Claw, The Fang, Artor's Legacy, Bastion of Honour and Herald of the Scurry.
Gear Stats Priorities
- Vitality to bump your health up. Getting your health pool as high as possible is very important.
- Melee Damage Leeched as Health as your secondary form of recovery after speccing Health Regeneration increased in the Swipe tree.
- Chance to Bleed on Hit, Chance to Ignite on Hit and Chance to Poison on Hit are really good early as Damage over Time mechanics have high base damage. Physical Damage is also really good early to scale Bleeds and the Hit damage from Swipe. Once you spec Summon Frenzy Totem, they become useless.
- Minion Damage is your main affix to scale Summon Wolf Damage.
- Melee Attack Speed allows us to proc Wild Calling more often from Swipe tree, which is a big part of this build's damage.
- Minion Health, Minion Health Regen and Minion Dodge Rating are very important to boost your Summon Wolf survivability. Don't neglect them as it also impacts your overall Damage if they die.
- Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed makes your experience way smoother as it makes skills available more often.
- Level of Swipe, Level of Summon Wolf, Level of Fury Leap, Level of Summon Frenzy Totem and Level of Warcry are very important as skill tree nodes provides a substantial boost to your character power.
- Strength is nice to boost your Damage after the affixes above. It increases the health and damage of your Summon Wolf.
- Minion Melee Damage and Minion Physical Damage are very big sources of Damage for this build as their values scale higher than other damage stats.
- Health, Health and Hybrid Health to bump your health up. Getting your health pool as high as possible is very important.
- Fire Resistance, Lightning Resistance, Cold Resistance, Physical Resistance, Necrotic Resistance and Void Resistance to get your resistances to 75%. This is your second layer of defense, getting it capped to 75% is not vital.
- Dodge Rating and Armour are less important than health and resistances. This is your third layer of defense, getting some is useful, as you get 15% Dodge and Armour with little amount.
- Health Regen Per Second and Health Regeneration are your main ways to regen health as we scale it further with Swipe tree.
- Health, Health, Vitality and resistances for extra defences.
- Minion Melee Attack Speed, Shared Physical Damage, Minion Melee Damage Leeched As Health, Minion Melee Attack Speed, Minion Dodge Rating, Minion Critical Strike Chance, Minion Melee Critical Strike Chance and Melee Damage For You And Your Minions for big damage boosts.
- Chance to Bleed on Hit, Chance to Ignite on Hit and Chance to Poison on Hit for extra damage in the first 20 levels.
Gearing Step by Step
- Level 2: Any Two-Handed Weapon, two Jade Ring.
- Level 4: Jade Amulet and Sage Antler.
- Level 6: Avarice.
- Level 7: Spiked Great Club.
- Level 8: Refuge Boots.
- Level 11: Start equipping Idols with Vitality, any type of resistance, Health, Health on Kill.
- Level 12: Wolf Pelt.
- Level 18: Ochre Antler.
- Level 19: Plated Belt.
- Level 21: Bearded Axe.
- Level 23: Outcast Boots.
- Level 25: Two Gold Ring.