Zunimassa's Haunt was buffed from 5,500% to a whopping 15,000% damage increase in Patch 2.6.4 and became one of the strongest Witch Doctor (WD) sets in the game. The set mainly revolves around your pets, in particular your Fetish Army dealing crazy amounts of damage to enemies. The most common and most powerful build version uses the Poison Dart skill in combination with Carnevil and The Dagger of Darts.
Ranged WD Build ✔
High Elite Damage ✔
Fast Attack Speed ✔
High Single Target Damage✔
❌ Not very Mobile
❌ Low Toughness
❌ Low AoE Damage
❌ Rarely gets an Oculus Proc
- The Zunimassa's Haunt (6) Bonus is where the majority of our damage comes from, while the Zunimassa's Haunt (4) Bonus grants us a tremendous toughness boost depending on our Fetish count.
- We add another damage buff with The Dagger of Darts which will also make our Poison Dart's pierce the targets.
- Carnevil is the core item that makes this build work as 10 of your Fetishes will now shoot an around 5 times more powerful Poison Dart whenever you do. This, in combination with the Zunimassa's Haunt (6) Bonus is the main reason why our pets deal all the damage in this particular build!
- Mask of Jeram increases all pet damage by 200%. This is an elemental damage increase and additive with elemental damage on our Bracers and Amulet and the reason why that attribute is not as important as in other builds.
- Depth Diggers gives us another 100% damage boost on our main skill Poison Dart.
- The Witching Hour is used in every setup for the Attack Speed and Critical Hit Damage which are great offensive stats.
- The Aughild's Authority set is a very powerful addition with its overall stat boost and the added Elite Damage.
- On the Jewelry slots the optional items next to Ring of Royal Grandeur are: Squirt's Necklace, The Compass Rose & The Travelers Pledge or Convention of Elements for multiplicative damage.
Global Stat Priorities
Make sure to optimize your Attack Speed to reach certain breakpoints (for in-depth mechanics click here).
For this build Attack Speed is one of the most important stat as the fetishes benefit twice from it:
- As Carnevil makes your Fetishes scale with your attacks you want to aim for a decent breakpoint on the Poison Dart.
- Furthermore your pets damage per shot also scales with Attack Speed as a separate multiplier. So even if additional Attack Speed does not give you an extra breakpoint it is still worth getting it and one of the most important stats!
For the solo setups you do not need any Cooldown Reduction. In speed runs however it makes sense to stack around 40% - 50% to keep up Big Bad Voodoo with the help of Grave Injustice.
- Good single target damage and possible Rift Guardian Killing potential.
- Very squishy and damage output depends on the players position.
- Lack of large AOE damage.
- A half decent speed build with Echoing Fury and double Attack Speed benefits.
- Legacy of Dreams version possible with less damage but way more toughness.
This build is fun to play but lacks both damage as well as toughness in comparison to the Mundunugu's Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor. I personally hope that Ring of Emptiness can be changed in future patches to apply to Witch Doctor pets as well. Cheers!
Guide by Rob with special help from Chewingnom