The Whirlwind (WW) Barbarian (Barb) uses the Wrath of the Wastes set and has become one of the strongest builds in the game after having Rend added to its bonus. The core concept is that Whirlwind applies the Damage over Time (DoT) effect from Rend using Ambo's Pride. You spin and move through the monster while DoTing and killing them quickly. Some people call this build "Rend Barb" while others call it "Whirlwind Barb." In the end the build's main damage comes from Rend as Whirlwind just applies the Rend to do all the damage.
Very Mobile ✔
Easy Gameplay ✔
One of the Strongest Builds ✔
Deals Damage while Moving ✔
❌Band of Might Dependency
❌No full Area Damage Benefit
❌Easy to Play Difficult to Master
- We use the Wrath of the Wastes set for the crazy damage increase and toughness while channeling Whirlwind and for three seconds after.
- Lamentation provides a Rend damage buff and makes Rend stack twice on the same target.
- Ambo's Pride lets us apply the damage over time from Rend in just 1 second.
- On the jewelry slots you can choose between:
Squirt's Necklace, Focus & Restraint or Convention of Elements for multiplicative damage, Band of Might for an insane toughness boost or The Flavor of Time for addition pylon duration, especially double Conduit Pylon for solo push.
- Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac can be a nice alternative for cooldown reduction but you have to lose a damage multiplier to equip it.
- In the weapon slot we can use Messerschmidt's Reaver or In-geom for cooldown reduction as well as Echoing Fury for the Movement Speed increase.
- With the extra cube slot in Season 22 we can now use Captain Crimson's Trimmings in combination with the Ring of Royal Grandeur.
Global Stat Priorities
Aim for around 45-50% Cooldown Reduction to ensure permanent Wrath of the Berserker, use Boon of Bul-kathos and complementary cooldown reduction items like Messerschmidt's Reaver or In-geom.
Rend's damage does not scale with Attack Speed so we do not need any certain breakpoints here!
- Overall very powerful build that can be used to farm anything in the game whether it is keys, bounties or experience without changing all too much!
- Very tanky & hardcore friendly especially with the Band of Might setup!
- The strongest solo push build Barb currently has!
- Easy to play the base version but difficult to master in Solo Pushes!
sVr for mechanical testing on Rend and Ambo's Pride.
Let's hope we can get other builds up to speed. Don't forget to check out this amazing suggestion post by Free and the Barbarian Community. Keep it up fellows!
Guide by Rob