Disclaimer: Right now this build is outclassed by the Patterns of Justice Tempest Rush Monk.
Welcome to the Uliana's Stratagem Exploding Palm Monk! This classic build can still be effective and boasts a unique and exciting play style. If bringing monsters to a catastrophic demise with teleporting Exploding Palm sounds fun to you, you're in the right place. Let's dive in and put this together!
Highly Mobile ✔
Massive Explosions ✔
Great for Speed Content ✔
The Coolest Build in the Game ✔
❌ Struggles in High GR's
❌ Very Cooldown Dependant
❌ Poor Single Target Damage
❌ Requires Strategic Play for Pushing
- Uliana's Stratagem grants our Exploding Palm 9000% damage as well as making our Way of the Hundred Fists apply Exploding Palm and our Seven-Sided Strike will detonate it on hit. The new 4 piece added during Season 22 gives us 77% damage reduction for 7 seconds after applying Exploding Palm.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings gives us Cooldown Reduction as well as a massive damage increase.
- Endless Walk, aka The Traveler's Pledge and The Compass Rose are a great addition to this build as we spend as much time as possible using our force stand still and Dashing Strike to keep this 100% damage buff.
- The Fist of Az'Turrasq increases our Exploding Palm damage by 500%.
- Lion's Claw allows Seven-Sided Strike to attack seven more times, effectively doubling our damage output and giving more damage reduction from our belt.
- Gungdo Gear causes Exploding Palm to spread it's effect to surrounding enemies during it's explosion and increases its damage by 100%.
- The Flow of Eternity increases our Seven-Sided Strike damage by 100% and its cooldown is reduced by 60%.
- Binding of the Lost gives us tremendous damage reduction, 5% increase per hit from Seven-Sided Strike, granting up to 70% damage reduction while using Lion's Claw.
- Madstone Seven-Sided Strike now applies Exploding Palm.
- Convention of Elements for 200% damage during our Cold cycle.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur allows us to utilize both Uliana's Stratagem and Captain Crimson's Trimmings.
Global Stat Priorities
Our offensive priorities are: Cooldown Reduction > Area Damage > Cold Damage > Critical Hit Chance/Critical Hit Damage, along with as much Exploding Palm damage as possible. The vast majority of our damage comes from Exploding Palm; Seven-Sided Strike is just here to make them trigger.
- Keep your Epiphany up at all times, as well as your Mantra of Conviction in T16.
- Use Way of the Hundred Fists to apply Exploding Palm to enemies, then use Seven-Sided Strike to detonate the explosions and spread them around with Gungdo Gear.
- Cast Cyclone Strike to group up the enemies onto elites to hit them with maximum area damage right before the Cold Convention of Elements cycle.
- Stay mobile, drag elite packs to more density, and detonate them back to hell!
Town Is Lava!