Welcome to a guide for Trag'Oul's Avatar, a unique set that allows the Necromancer to literally tear himself to pieces for short bursts of damage. Playing a build that goes from 0 to 100 in an instant is not for the feint of heart as you are constantly on the hunt for more Elites to snipe down when your next damage cycle is ready. Come learn how to play this Elite-sniping machine.
Cut-Throat Playstyle ✔
Crazy Damage Burst ✔
Easy to Get Starter Gear ✔
Unique Elite Hunter Playstyle ✔
❌ No AoE Damage
❌ Zero Damage in Downtime
❌ Heavy Cooldown Dependency
- Trag'Oul's Avatar grants us every rune on our Blood Rush as well as a 3800% damage buff to our life-spending skills. We also get 100% healing from these skills and our healing can double our maximum life.
- Jesseth Arms gives a 400% damage buff as long as our Skeletons are commanded to attack a target.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings is a great addition to this build since it provides a massive boost to Cooldown Reduction but also damage and toughness.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur is mandatory to complete our Captain Crimson's Trimmings and Trag'Oul's Avatar sets.
- The Johnstone makes our next 50 Corpse Lances do 200% more damage after our Land of the Dead ends.
- Krysbin's Sentence for the 300% damage increase against enemies under a Hard Crowd Control effect.
- Convention of Elements for 200% damage during our Physical cycle.
- Reilena's Shadowhook gives 0.5% damage for every point of Maximum Essence we have for a massive damage increase.
- Corpsewhisper Pauldrons increases our damage by 30% for each corpse we've consumed, stacking up to 20 times for a 600% separate damage multiplier.
Global Stat Priorities
Our offensive priorities are: Cooldown Reduction > Attack Speed > Critical Hit Chance > Critical Hit Damage along with as much Corpse Lance damage as possible.
Corpse Lance has a very short base animation length of 12 FPA, which means its scaling with Attack Speed is extremely good. Hence we're going to take Attack Speed on our Weapon, Gloves and both Rings so that we can get to the 2.0 Attack Speed Breakpoint and maximize our fire rate for Corpse Lance.
S23 Video Guide coming soon!
- Focus on obtaining the Trag'Oul's Avatar set as well as the Jesseth Arms pieces first, then dive into some bounties so you can obtain your Ring of Royal Grandeur as well as getting the necessary materials to craft your Captain Crimson's Trimmings set.
- Gather the core items shown in the beginning: Reilena's Shadowhook, Corpsewhisper Pauldrons, Convention of Elements, Krysbin's Sentence and The Johnstone.
- Maximize Cooldown Reduction on your gear and get to the 2.0 Attack Speed Breakpoint for maximum Lancing.
- Pick your Elite targets well and learn to fight around your Physical cycle of Convention of Elements .
- Stay mobile, gather large packs of enemies and utilize your Land of the Dead to do maximum damage when the time is right!
Town Is Lava!
Guide by Raxxanterax. Updated by Chewingnom.