The support Monk (usually called the zMonk because they do "zero" damage) is one of the strongest supports in the game. Keeping people alive is their specialty while providing incredible offensive buffs for your party. Let's look at one of the best and longest-lasting group builds in Diablo 3!
Simple Rotation ✔
Extremely Popular Build ✔
Works Well With Any Setup ✔
Insane Cooldown & Attack Speed ✔
❌ Does Zero Damage
❌ Requires Spamming
❌ Needs Good Gear & Rolls
❌ Positioning Is Very Important
❌ Tough To Play At Low Paragon
- Inna's Mantra (2) Piece doubles the base passive effect of our mantras, which gives us 40% All Resistance, 16% damage, and increased life regeneration.
- Inna's Mantra (4) Piece gives us all 4 mantras at all times: Mantra of Healing, Mantra of Salvation, Mantra of Conviction, and Mantra of Retribution. This is amazing because normal monks can only use 1 mantra at a time.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings (2) Piece gives 20% cooldown reduction and 20% resource cost reduction, which are both critical stats we need for this build.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings (3) Piece reduces our damage taken by our resource cost reduction, which will help us survive as we heal our party.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur completes both our Inna's Mantra and Captain Crimson's Trimmings sets so we can have their 4 and 3 piece bonuses respectively.
- Oculus Ring to provide 85% increased damage to our teammates who stand in the ring.
- Spirit Guards for 60% damage reduction.
Global Stat Priorities
Since we are a support class, we don't need any offensive stats like Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage, Area Damage, or Elemental Damage. Instead we will gather as much Cooldown Reduction, Resource Cost Reduction, Attack Speed, Health Globe Bonus, and other Defensive Stats as possible. Cooldown is needed to keep Epiphany Soothing Mist up all the time, which will let you teleport to monsters, spam your abilities, and heal your party members. It will also let you keep your Inner Sanctuary up constantly. The goal is to have perfect cooldown rolls on every single piece. Attack speed lets you Crippling Wave Tsunami faster, giving you more spirit and healing from Soothing Mist. Acquire as much attack speed as possible. Resource Cost Reduction will allow you to spam Mantra of Healing Heavenly Body for constant shields to protect Squirt's Necklace on our damage dealers. Health Globe Bonus on secondaries will make our shields even stronger and will be a key stat we're looking for. Try to aim for at least +150,000 Bonus Health Globes before attempting to zMonk. For defense prioritize All Resistance > Life % > Vitality > Armor. Since intelligence gives us more All Resistance, craft any pieces on a Necromancer, Wizard or Witch Doctor.
- Put together the normal build and focus on perfect Cooldown Reduction, Attack Speed, at least 150,000 Bonus Health Globes, and as much Resource Cost Reduction as you can.
- Spam your abilities and keep Inner Sanctuary down where your Trash Clearer and Rift Guardian Killer go.
- Practice using Dashing Strike and teleports from Epiphany to smoothly move through the rifts.
- Dodge major attacks and stay alive to ensure your team survives.
Town Is Lava!