Welcome to the fastest build in Diablo 3: Sunwuko Wave of Light Monk. Little known fact: the set used by the build is actually called Monkey King's Garb, but since every single piece is called "Sunwuko's this" and "Sunwuko's that" everyone in the community just calls it Sunwuko.
With nearly limitless mobility provided by Dashing Strike + In-Geom combo and huge AoE coverage of Wave of Light Explosive Light, this build can clear Nephalem Rifts like no other. Its true strength however comes from the flexibility of Monkey King's Garb set. Sunwuko's Shines allows us to keep the (6) Bonus while equipping Cain's Destiny for more Greater Rift Keystones.
Follower overhaul in Season 23 made it possible to include Cain's Destiny into every build, which brought many Nephalem Rift builds up to Sunwuko Wave of Light level. Followers however, are only available in solo play, so this build still retains its #1 spot when it comes to farming Greater Rift Keystones in groups!
Best Key Farmer ✔
Insane AOE Damage ✔
You Don't Have To Aim ✔
Fastest Build In Diablo 3 ✔
❌ Requires Decent Gear
❌ Struggles In Bad Maps
❌ Rotation Requires Practice
❌ Low Single Target Damage
- Sunwuko (2) Bonus gives 50% damage reduction when Sweeping Wind is active.
- Sunwuko (6) Bonus gives 1500% increased damage for each Sweeping Wind stack for a total of 19,500% thanks to Vengeful Wind.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings (2) Bonus gives 20% Cooldown Reduction and Resource Cost Reduction.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings (3) Bonus increases our damage by our Cooldown Reduction percentage and decreases our damage taken by our Resource Cost Reduction percentage.
- Vengeful Wind is mandatory as it gives 10 extra stacks of Sweeping Wind providing us a 15,000% multiplier due to the Sunwuko (6) Bonus.
- Incense Torch of the Grand Temple cuts the cost of Wave of Light in half and gives it 550% increased damage.
- Tzo Krin's Gaze gives up to 150% Wave of Light damage, and allows us to cast WoL where our mouse cursor is.
- Pinto's Pride makes Wave of Light slow enemies by 80% and increases its damage by 150%. The slow is significant because it's applied before the damage is calculated, letting us always get full benefit from Bane of the Trapped.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur completes our Sunwuko and Captain Crimson's Trimmings set bonuses.
Season 24 Ethereals
Ethereals are powerful rare weapons that can only be found during Season 24. They have incredible stats, a random Legendary power, and a free passive for your class. Read our Ethereal Mechanics Guide for full details on how they work and our Ethereal Farming Guide to learn how to acquire them. What you should prioritize on them is the following:
- The Legendary Power
This build requires Vengeful Wind, Kyoshiro's Blade and Incense Torch of the Grand Temple to be functional. We need our Ethereal to roll one of these powers so we can cube the other. We also want a good roll on our Legendary power if it has a range. For speed content it is always helpful to have Ethereals with Echoing Fury, In-geom or Messerschmidt's Reaver powers, so keep those if you find them.
- The Ethereal Itself
There are 3 different weapons available to us, each with its own benefits:
- Shadow Killer - This is the preferred Ethereal option here, because this build struggles with both resources and toughness so Spirit on Critical Hit, Resource Cost Reduction and 25% damage debuff on monsters are all very welcome.
- Jade Talon - This option is very similar but it has 30% Attack Speed instead of Resource Cost Reduction and Damage Reduction. At higher Paragon (and also in T16, where toughness doesn't matter) this becomes the best choice.
- Bartuc's Cut-Throat - This Ethereal, despite having 10% Critical Hit Chance and double damage against single targets, is not a very good fit here. You will really feel the lack of both Cooldown Reduction and Spirit on Critical Hit.
- The Ethereal Stat Rolls
Each Ethereal comes with its own fixed set of powerful affixes. While some have a static value, many have a wide stat range. This means the difference between good and bad rolls is significant and something you should look for.
- A Useful Passive
This is just icing on the cake because a fifth passive is not going to make or break your build. You're better off hunting for the things above. Check out the Passives section down below to see which ones you're looking for.
Global Stat Priorities
Our offensive priorities are: Cooldown > Fire Damage > Critical Hit Chance > Critical Hit Damage > Attack Speed, along with as much Wave of Light damage as possible for speed content. We need the Cooldown to keep Epiphany up at all times and to gain damage from our Captain Crimson's Trimmings (3) Bonus. We stack Attack Speed to cast Dashing Strike and Wave of Light as fast as possible.
When solo pushing drop the Attack Speed rolls for Area Damage as too much Attack Speed will drain our spirit. Our playstyle will involve gathering up large groups of enemies to burn down with Area Damage.
- Put together the core items and acquire the full Sunwuko set.
- Practice interrupting your Wave of Light with Dashing Strike to move as quickly as possible.
- Learn to swap to Cain's Destiny set on the Rift Guardian for 25% more keys!
- Enjoy the fastest build Diablo 3 has ever seen!
Town Is Lava!
Guide by Raxxanterax and Northwar.