Welcome to the Monkey King's Garb Sunwuko Tempest Rush Monk, a brother to the Patterns of Justice Tempest Rush Monk that can devastate enemies in an equal if not more impressive fashion. With the introduction of the Patterns of Justice Set and Won Khim Lau in Season 19, Monkey King's Garb have been buffed with Vengeful Wind now granting 10 additional Sweeping Wind stacks instead of 7.
Meanwhile Patterns of Justice is the set designed around Tempest Rush, Monkey King's Garb (Sunwuko) is performing better overall in push due to a stronger (6) Bonus damage multiplier. However, whenever a season theme offers more Kanai's Cube flexibility such as Season 20 or Season 22, Sunwuko falls behind due to its need for Vengeful Wind and its incapacity to equip Shenlong's Spirit for a massive damage boost.
Anyways a combination of smooth gameplay and devastating damage make this build a very fun and competitive one to go with. Let's go over this monster and push it into the top of the Monk solo leaderboard!
Spin To Win ✔
Powerful Solo Push ✔
Strong All-Around Build ✔
Easy to Learn, Difficult to Master ✔
❌ Needs Optimized Gear
❌ Weaker In Low Density
❌ Can Be Tough To Survive
❌ Trees and Wormholes Make You Cry
- Sunwuko (2) Bonus gives us 50% damage reduction while Sweeping Wind is active.
- Sunwuko (6) Bonus increases the damage of Tempest Rush by 1,500% per stack of Sweeping Wind that you have.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings (2) Bonus gives 20% Cooldown Reduction and Resource Cost Reduction.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings (3) Bonus increases our damage by our Cooldown Reduction percentage and decreases our damage taken by our Resource Cost Reduction percentage.
- Vengeful Wind lets our Sweeping Wind stack up to 13 times giving us a tremendous damage boost from the Sunwuko (6) Bonus.
- Won Khim Lau gives 600% damage and causes Tempest Rush to cast Cyclone Strike.
- Cesar's Memento increases Tempest Rush damage to enemies that are blinded, stunned or frozen by 800%.
- Balance gives 600% damage to Tempest Rush and 100% Critical Hit Chance if it hits 3 or less enemies (awesome for killing the Rift Guardian).
- Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac lets us reset all our cooldowns.
- Mantle of Channeling provides 25% damage and damage reduction.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur completes our Sunwuko and Captain Crimson Set Bonuses.
Global Stat Priorities
You need to stack 53 or 57% Resource Cost Reduction (RCR) depending on the setup, and about 55% Cooldown Reduction (CDR). Resource Cost Reduction is necessary to keep channeling Tempest Rush all the time, while Cooldown Reduction is needed for permanent Epiphany. Get one or two Life per Hit rolls (Weapons and Bracers) for recovery. Aim to get All Resistance on your Belt, Pants and Boots and Secondary Resistances for Harmony passive on all other pieces. Your offensive priorities are: Cold Damage > Critical Hit Chance > Critical Hit Damage ~ Damage Range > Area Damage > Tempest Rush Damage.
- Put together the core items and acquire the full Sunwuko and Captain Crimson's Trimmings sets.
- Practice building and detonating your Flurry stacks on your Cold cycle of Convention of Elements.
- Climb the solo leaderboards by gathering monsters together and blasting them away with Area Damage.
- Enjoy this beautiful Spin-to-Win build!
Town Is Lava!
Introduction by Chewingnom.
Guide by Northwar and Raxxanterax.