Seeker of the Light Blessed Hammer Crusader build is the spiritual successor of famous Hammerdin build from Diablo II. This build does exactly what it says on the box: makes hammers fly. If you've always wanted to see approximately 30 hammers orbiting you while bonking denizens of hell on the head, then you've come to the right place!
Unfortunately, this set has a serious problem - the support skill which you have to use to activate your damage and toughness bonuses is Falling Sword. There's exactly one thing that is good about this skill - it looks cool. Other than that it does nothing. Damage is completely irrelevant, despite 1,000% increase from the Seeker of the Light (6) Bonus. None of the runes provide any meaningful utility. And while it is a teleport skill, the animation is so slow that it is barely faster than walking.
On the current patch Seeker of the Light Blessed Hammer Crusader is completely outclassed by either Heaven's Fury Crusader or Fist of the Heavens Crusader in pushing and in farming. But if you want to conquer Seeker of the Light Leaderboards this is (the only) build to do it!
High Attack Speed ✔
Straightforward Mechanics ✔
A LOT of Hammers Everywhere ✔
Can Grab a Tea during Falling Sword ✔
❌ Bad Single Target Damage
❌ Area Damage Doesn't Work
❌ Falling Sword is Incredibly Slow
- Seeker of the Light set provides 50% damage reduction, 12,000% Blessed Hammer damage increase and also lets us reset cooldowns of Falling Sword and Provoke extremely fast.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings set gives around 60% DPS, 28%-65% damage reduction and 20% Cooldown Reduction.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur allows us to get full bonuses from both sets.
- Hammer Jammers increase Blessed Hammer damage by 400%.
- Faithful Memory increases Blessed Hammer damage by up to 800%.
- Guard of Johanna provides a 250% Blessed Hammer damage increase when fighting lone Elites or Rift Guardians.
- Johanna's Argument doubles the damage and attack speed of Blessed Hammer allowing us to cast up to 6 hammers every second.
Global Stat Priorities
Stack as much Cooldown Reduction (CDR) as possible, you want literally every single point of it on every single piece including the amulet. For Attack Speed you just need a 7% roll on the Weapon as it is multiplicative with rolls from other pieces. Make sure your defensive slots—Boots, Pants and Belt—have Vitality and All Resistance on them. Life per Hit is a great stat for extra recovery; having at least one roll on Weapon or Bracers is recommended, although not required. Stack DPS stats wherever possible: Holy Damage, Blessed Hammer Damage, Critical Hit Damage and Critical Hit Chance. Ignore Area Damage because it doesn't get buffed by Hammer Jammers.
- Stack CDR before everything to survive
- Spam all the buttons!
- Never let go of Blessed Hammer button.
Guide by Northwar.
Haha, the hammers go: "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".