Roland's Legacy Sweep Attack Crusader build is a very fun build to play. The set provides a massive 375% Attack Speed bonus, which lets you easily reach the Attack Speed cap, even when using a Two-Handed Mace, the slowest weapon in the game. If you want to run around Sanctuary, slapping demons across the face at Mach 20, then this is the build for you.
One nice thing about Roland's Legacy, is that it doesn't require any support skills. Just using your main attack, Sweep Attack or Shield Bash is enough to activate all of the bonuses. This lets you choose the remaining skills, and gives you freedom to customize any Roland's Legacy build exactly to your liking.
On current patch, Roland's Legacy Sweep Attack Crusader is completely outclassed by either Heavens's Fury Crusader or Fist of the Heavens Crusader in pushing and farming alike. But if you want to climb Roland's Legacy leaderboards, this is the build for you!
Great Sustain ✔
Very High Attack Speed ✔
2 Completely Free Skill Slots ✔
❌ Small AoE
❌ Short Range
❌ Bad Single Target Damage
❌ Not Enough Useful Passives
- Roland's Legacy set provides 375% Attack Speed, 56% damage reduction, 17,500% Sweep Attack damage increase, and also lets us reset cooldowns of Iron Skin and the Law skill extremely fast.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings set gives around 60% DPS, 65% damage reduction as well as 20% CDR and RCR.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur allows us to get full bonuses from both sets.
- Golden Flense increases Sweep Attack damage by 300% and it also solves all our Wrath issues.
- Denial increases Sweep Attack damage by up to 625%.
Global Stat Priorities
Stack at least 55% Cooldown Reduction (CDR) to get decent uptime on Akarat's Champion. Life per Hit is your main source of recovery; make sure to have at least one roll on Weapon or Bracers. Since your Recovery is not dependent on your Life pool, you should prioritize mitigation stats—All Resist, Elite Reduction and Melee Reduction—over HP stats, when possible. Finally, stack DPS stats wherever possible: Fire Damage, Sweep Attack Damage, Critical Hit Damage, Critical Hit Chance and Area Damage. Any Attack Speed rolls on gear are completely useless, because your Attack Speed is capped just from Roland's Legacy (6) Bonus.
- Stack CDR to reach the 64.5% Breakpoint.
- Get Life per Hit on your Weapon.
- Get one Resource Cost Reduction roll.
- Always use Blazing Sweep.
Guide by Northwar.
Sweep your enemies away with tide of... sweeps... I guess...