Roland's Legacy Sweep Attack Crusader build is a very fun build to play. The set provides a massive 375% Attack Speed bonus, which lets you easily reach the Attack Speed cap, even when using a Two-Handed Mace, the slowest weapon in the game. If you want to run around Sanctuary, slapping demons across the face at Mach 20, then this is the build for you.
One nice thing about Roland's Legacy, is that it doesn't require any support skills. Just using your main attack, Sweep Attack or Shield Bash is enough to activate all of the bonuses. This lets you choose the remaining skills, and gives you freedom to customize any Roland's Legacy build exactly to your liking.
On current patch, Roland's Legacy Sweep Attack Crusader is completely outclassed by either Heavens's Fury Crusader or Fist of the Heavens Crusader in pushing and farming alike. But if you want to climb Roland's Legacy leaderboards, this is the build for you!
Great Sustain ✔
Very High Attack Speed ✔
2 Completely Free Skill Slots ✔
❌ Small AoE
❌ Short Range
❌ Bad Single Target Damage
❌ Not Enough Useful Passives
- Roland's Legacy set provides 375% Attack Speed, 56% damage reduction, 17,500% Sweep Attack damage increase, and also lets us reset cooldowns of Iron Skin and the Law skill extremely fast.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings set gives around 60% DPS, 65% damage reduction as well as 20% CDR and RCR.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur allows us to get full bonuses from both sets.
- Golden Flense increases Sweep Attack damage by 300% and it also solves all our Wrath issues.
- Denial increases Sweep Attack damage by up to 625%.
Season 24 Ethereals
Ethereals are powerful rare weapons that can only be found during Season 24. They have incredible stats, a random Legendary power, and a free passive for your class. Read our Ethereal Mechanics Guide for full details on how they work and our Ethereal Farming Guide to learn how to acquire them. What you should prioritize on them is the following:
- The Legendary Power
This build requires Golden Flense to be functional. On top of that The Furnace is a good pushing Legendary power. We need our Ethereal to roll one of these powers so we can cube the other. We also want a good roll on our Legendary power if it has a range. For speed content it is always helpful to have Ethereals with Echoing Fury, In-geom or Messerschmidt's Reaver powers, so keep those if you find them.
- The Ethereal Itself
There are 3 different weapons available to us, each with its own benefits:
- Astreon's Iron Ward - This is the best Ethereal with its Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage rolls.
- The Redeemer - This option is 30% weaker but it comes with +50% Damage to Demons and Undead, against these enemies it deals 4% more damage.
- Khalim's Will - This is the worst Ethereal for this build damage wise (40% weaker than Astreon's Iron Ward) but its Life Per Hit roll makes it better defensively.
- The Ethereal Stat Rolls
Each Ethereal comes with its own fixed set of powerful affixes. While some have a static value, many have a wide stat range. This means the difference between good and bad rolls is significant and something you should look for.
- A Useful Passive
This is just icing on the cake because a fifth passive is not going to make or break your build. You're better off hunting for the things above. Check out the Passives section down below to see which ones you're looking for.
Global Stat Priorities
Stack at least 55% Cooldown Reduction (CDR) to get decent uptime on Akarat's Champion. Life per Hit is your main source of recovery; make sure to have at least one roll on the Bracers. Since your Recovery is not dependent on your Life pool, you should prioritize mitigation stats—All Resist, Elite Reduction and Melee Reduction—over HP stats, when possible. Finally, stack DPS stats wherever possible: Fire Damage, Sweep Attack Damage, Critical Hit Damage, Critical Hit Chance and Area Damage. Any Attack Speed rolls on gear are completely useless, because your Attack Speed is capped just from Roland's Legacy (6) Bonus.
- Stack CDR to reach the 64.5% Breakpoint.
- Get Life per Hit on your Weapon.
- Get one Resource Cost Reduction roll.
- Always use Blazing Sweep.
Guide by Northwar.
Sweep your enemies away with tide of... sweeps... I guess...