The Legacy of Raekor Barbarian set allows Fury-spending attacks to deal tremendous amounts of damage by consuming Furious Charge stacks. The most widespread and strongest Barb Spender is Hammer of the Ancients (HotA). This high damage skill can be buffed by multiple complementary items like Bracers of the First Men and The Gavel of Judgment to deal massive damage during Convention of Elements timed rotations.
In the current Patch 2.7.0, this build is one of the weakest Barbarian builds. If you like to play a Hammer of the Ancients focused build we recommend the LoD variant. Let's hope for The Legacy of Raekor (6) Bonus rework to make this signature set viable for damage again! A damage reduction set bonus, like almost every set in Diablo has, wouldn't hurt either.
But now let's get into the current variation of this build and its rotation based playstyle!
Very Mobile ✔
Fast Attack Speed ✔
Fast Paced Playstyle ✔
High Single Target Damage ✔
❌ Rotation Dependent
❌ Wall Charge Playstyle
❌ Short Damage Window
❌ Band of Might Dependency
- The Legacy of Raekor set provides massive damage and the ability to permanently Furious Charge a single target like the Rift Guardian to gain plenty of stacks. Furthermore having all runes of Furious Charge lets us reset our cooldown with Merciless Assault and instantly gain full Fury in large pulls with Stamina.
- Our second highest damage multiplier is the The Gavel of Judgment. We want to cube this one because it is a 2-handed weapon and we have decent 1-handed options to better optimize our Critical Hit Damage with the additional 130% from the second Flawless Royal Emerald. The second effect on The Gavel of Judgment item also solves our Fury problem on single targets like the Rift Guardian.
- Bracers of the First Men and Remorseless are the other two Damage and Attack Speed multipliers scaling our DPS.
- Mortick's Brace gives a lot of healing through Life per Fury Spent (we spend a lot with Hammer of the Ancients) and additional damage reduction.
- Band of Might is used for the tremendous toughness gain and is procced by Furious Charge which we need to gain stacks for the The Legacy of Raekor (6) Bonus.
- Convention of Elements for 200% multiplicative damage increase during our Fire cycle, further explained in the gameplay section below.
Global Stat Priorities
This build gets a lot of Attack Speed for free from Bracers of the First Men, Echoing Fury and Wrath of the Berserker. With Gogok of Swiftness we can reach the 13/13 frames Breakpoint when we have 7% Attack Speed on Echoing Fury to attack at the same speed as Remorseless. For more detailed informations on Attack Speed check out our Guide here!
High Cooldown Reduction is key for this build's damage output. Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients Together as One uptime is essential in maintaining our 250% damage increase from Remorseless. We further reduce the cooldown of both skills by using Boon of Bul-kathos. The Cooldown Reduction Breakpoints are 65% for a 32 second Wrath of the Berserker rotation or 47% for 48 seconds (see Gameplay section below).
- Fast moving playstyle with Furious Charge.
- Kills bosses fast with awesome burst damage.
- Cast Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients for the Remorseless damage buff.
- Remember to literally bang your head against a wall with Furious Charge to get these The Legacy of Raekor stacks up.
- Hammer AWAY!
Currently this build and the entire The Legacy of Raekor set is very weak in comparison to others. Let's hope for The Legacy of Raekor (6) Bonus rework to make this signature set viable for damage again! A damage reduction set bonus, like almost every set in Diablo has, wouldn't hurt either. One can always hope for the next patch, but meanwhile enjoy blasting my fellow Barbarians!
Guide by Rob.