Welcome to the Pestilence Master's Shroud Necromancer, a build that unleashes barrages of Corpse Lance at your enemies while you are able to nearly infinitely spam them due to the powerful combination of Land of the Dead and Devour. This build primarily does well in speed content such as Nephalem Rifts and Speed Greater Rifts but with the right setup it can perform decently well in Solo pushing Greater Rifts as well as being an Rift Guardian Killer in group play.
Combining this class set with other powerful sets such as Captain Crimson's Trimmings and Jesseth Arms will pump up your damage and other than that you just need to chase after Cooldown Reduction and Attack Speed so you'll be sending out as many Corpse Lances as possible!
Despite not being the strongest build in any game modes the Pestilence Master's Shroud has always been well received due to it's fast and chaotic playstyle in speed content. If you're interested in becoming a high-flying, monster freezing, lance throwing machine - this is the guide for you. Let's dive in and see how to make the most of it.
Great for Speedfarming ✔
Utilizes three unique sets ✔
Great nuke and animations ✔
Stacks up critical hit chance ✔
❌ Falls off in higher greater rifts
❌ Zero damage during downtime
❌ Needs a complete setup to work
❌ Very dependent on cooldown reduction
This build uses three different sets to maximize your damage with Corpse Lance and reduce your Cooldown on Land of the Dead as much as possible. To do this we'll pick up both pieces of Jesseth Arms, five pieces of the Pestilence Master's Shroud and two pieces of Captain Crimson's Trimmings while using Ring of Royal Grandeur to obtain the full set bonuses of each.
- Pestilence Master's Shroud grants us 3300% damage, 50% damage reduction and the ability to fire a Corpse Lance every time we consume a corpse. Devour and Land of the Dead allow us to maximize this sets potential and really let the Lances fly.
- Jesseth Arms gives a 400% damage buff when we have commanded our Command Skeletons on an enemy. This can also be swapped out for Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang and Lost Time while using a curse such as Frailty on the T16 build.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings is a great addition to this build since it provides a massive boost to damage, Cooldown Reduction and survivability.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur is mandatory for this build as it allows us to wear Captain Crimson's Trimmings as well as Pestilence Master's Shroud without losing their full set bonuses.
- Krysbin's Sentence for the 300% damage to enemies under a control impairing effect.
- Reilena's Shadowhook 0.5% damage for every point of Maximum Essence we have, which synergizes with Simulacrum Reservoir.
- Corpsewhisper Pauldrons lends a buff that increases our damage by 30% for each corpse we've consumed, stacking up to 20 times for a massive damage increase.
Season 24 Ethereals
Ethereals are powerful rare weapons that can only be found during Season 24. They have incredible stats, a random Legendary power, and a free passive for your class. Read our Ethereal Mechanics Guide for full details on how they work and our Ethereal Farming Guide to learn how to acquire them. What you should prioritize on them is the following:
- The Legendary Power
This build requires Jesseth Arms and either Reilena's Shadowhook or Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang to be functional. Since set powers can't roll on them, we need our Ethereal to roll one of these powers so we can cube the other. We also want a good roll on our Legendary power if it has a range. For speed content it is always helpful to have Ethereals with Echoing Fury, In-geom or Messerschmidt's Reaver powers, so keep those if you find them.
- The Ethereal Itself
There are 3 different weapons available to us, each with its own benefits:
- Blackbog's Sharp - This is by far the best Ethereal due to the Stacking Damage effect that has great synergy with our playstyle.
- Soul Harvest - This is the second best option with great stats and an Attack Speed bonus that makes reaching Breakpoints much easier.
- Blackhand Key - This is a back-up option as long as you don't have any of the other weapons. It can also be used for the fear effect in farming setups.
- The Ethereal Stat Rolls
Each Ethereal comes with its own fixed set of powerful affixes. While some have a static value, many have a wide stat range. This means the difference between good and bad rolls is significant and something you should look for.
- A Useful Passive
This is just icing on the cake because a fifth passive is not going to make or break your build. You're better off hunting for the things above. Check out the Passives section down below to see which ones you're looking for.
Global Stat Priorities
Our offensive priorities are: Cooldown Reduction > Attack Speed > Cold Skill Damage > Critical Hit Damage > Critical Hit Chance along with as much Corpse Lance damage as possible. Less Critical Hit Chance is needed for this build if you are using Corpse Lance Brittle Touch as this rune stacks Critical Hit Chance debuffs with every hit. If you're using Corpse Lance Ricochet variant you'll need to prioritize Critical Hit Chance again. We are going to take enough Attack Speed to reach the 1.72 break point for Corpse Lance for a large damage increase. We're aiming for 62.5% Cooldown Reduction to reach the 36 second breakpoint of Land of the Dead.
- Focus on obtaining the Pestilence Master's Shroud set as well as the Jesseth Arms pieces first, then dive into some bounties so you can obtain your Ring of Royal Grandeur as well as getting the necessary materials to craft your Captain Crimson's Trimmings set.
- Maximize Cooldown Reduction on your gear and get to the 2.0 Attack Speed break point for maximum Lancing.
- Pick your elite targets well and learn to fight around your Cold cycle of Convention of Elements .
- Stay mobile, gather large packs of enemies and utilize your Land of the Dead to do maximum damage when the time is right!
Town Is Lava!
Original Guide by Raxxanterax. Updated by wudijo.