Welcome to the amazing all-around Patterns of Justice Tempest Rush Monk. If you enjoy dragging monsters forward and erasing them with beautiful icy bombs of death, you're in the right place.
With the introduction of the Patterns of Justice Set and Won Khim Lau in Season 19, Tempest Rush has come into the spotlight once more, this time as a main damaging ability instead of being used as a trigger for Exploding Palms builds.
Meanwhile Patterns of Justice is the set designed around Tempest Rush, Monkey King's Garb (Sunwuko) is unfortunately performing better overall in push. However, whenever a season theme offers more Kanai's Cube flexibility such as Season 20 or Season 22, Patterns of Justice claims its throne due to its ability to equip Shenlong's Spirit for a massive damage boost. In Season 24, PoJ asserts its leadership due to being able to utilize a One-Handed Ethereal Weapon with Flying Dragon legendary power.
This is an Area Damage (AD) build, since Tempest Rush can proc it. This is further enhanced by the Flurry stack system allowing for great burst damage. A combination of smooth gameplay and devastating damage make this build a very fun and competitive one to go with. Let's dive in and learn what makes it so great!
Spin to Win ✔
Unique Playstyle ✔
Incredible All-Around Build ✔
Gigantic Icy Bombs of Damage ✔
❌ Gear Dependent
❌ Difficult Execution
❌ Struggles in Low Density
❌ Trees & Wormholes Make You Cry
- Patterns of Justice (2) Bonus gives every rune for Sweeping Wind and 15% movement speed.
- Patterns of Justice (4) Bonus gives 50% damage reduction and a tremendous 50 Spirit Regeneration.
- Patterns of Justice (6) Bonus increases all damage by 15,000% when you hit enemies with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings (2) Bonus gives 20% Cooldown Reduction and Resource Cost Reduction.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings (3) Bonus increases our damage by our Cooldown Reduction percentage and decreases our damage taken by our Resource Cost Reduction percentage.
- Won Khim Lau gives 600% damage and causes Tempest Rush to cast Cyclone Strike.
- Cesar's Memento increases damage to enemies that are blinded, stunned or frozen by 800%.
- Balance gives 600% damage to Tempest Rush and 100% Critical Hit Chance if it hits 3 or less enemies (awesome for killing the Rift Guardian).
- Ring of Royal Grandeur completes our Patterns of Justice and Captain Crimson's Trimmings Set Bonuses.
- Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac lets us reset all our cooldowns.
- Squirt's Necklace provides between 20% and 100% increased damage thanks to Serenity.
Season 24 Ethereals
Ethereals are powerful rare weapons that can only be found during Season 24. They have incredible stats, a random Legendary power, and a free passive for your class. Read our Ethereal Mechanics Guide for full details on how they work and our Ethereal Farming Guide to learn how to acquire them. What you should prioritize on them is the following:
- The Legendary Power
This build requires Balance to be functional. As Ethereals are able to roll Two-Handed Weapon powers, Flying Dragon is an awesome Legendary power to take in as Tempest Rush damage scales with Attack Speed. We need our Ethereal to roll one of these powers so we can cube the other. We also want a good roll on our Legendary power if it has a range. For speed content it is always helpful to have Ethereals with Echoing Fury, In-geom or Messerschmidt's Reaver powers, so keep those if you find them.
- The Ethereal Itself
There are 3 different weapons available to us, each with its own benefits:
- Jade Talon - This is the most consistent Ethereal for this build providing 30% Attack Speed and Spirit on Critical Hit, which lets us relax strict Resource Cost Reduction requirements and get more DPS stats.
- Shadow Killer - This is the defensive option with its 10% Resource Cost Reduction and 25% damage reduction debuff on monsters, but the loss of Attack Speed results in about 14% less damage.
- Bartuc's Cut-Throat - This Ethereal requires to invest into Resource Cost Reduction to keep Spirit when Flying Dragon procs due to the lack of Spirit on Critical Hit. Meanwhile the Damage Stacking special affix is not super valuable because Rift Guardian fights are already quite short, thanks to Balance.
- The Ethereal Stat Rolls
Each Ethereal comes with its own fixed set of powerful affixes. While some have a static value, many have a wide stat range. This means the difference between good and bad rolls is significant and something you should look for.
- A Useful Passive
This is just icing on the cake because a fifth passive is not going to make or break your build. You're better off hunting for the things above. Check out the Passives section down below to see which ones you're looking for.
Global Stat Priorities
Stack about 55% Cooldown Reduction to keep up Epiphany. Get one or two Life per Hit rolls (Weapons, Bracer) for recovery. Aim to get All Resistance on your Belt, Pants and Boots and Secondary Resistances for Harmony passive on all other pieces. Your offensive priorities are: Cold Damage > Critical Hit Chance > Area Damage > Critical Hit Damage ~ Damage Range > Tempest Rush Damage.
- Put together the core items and acquire the full Patterns of Justice set.
- Practice building and detonating your Flurry stacks on your Cold cycle of Convention of Elements.
- Climb the solo leaderboards by gathering monsters together and burning them down with Area Damage.
- Enjoy this beautiful Spin-to-Win build!
Town Is Lava!
Credits to Nevetser the Brutal for helping optimize the build.
Introduction by Chewingnom.
Guide by Northwar and Raxxanterax.