The Might of the Earth set has one of the highest damage multipliers in the game at a whopping 20.000%. Originally the set was used with Earthquake builds, but over the past patches its primary used skill was Seismic Slam as there are many more damage multipliers for this skill in the game after Fjord Cutter has been updated. Let us take a look at the Seismic Slam variation of the set in this Guide!
Fast Playstyle ✔
Fast Attack Speed ✔
Ranged Barbarian Build✔
Fun to play around with Leap ✔
❌ Not very Mobile
❌ Limited Item Options
❌ Band of Might Dependency
❌ Damage Caps at 10 Monsters
- The Might of the Earth (6) Bonus is where the majority of our damage comes from
- We add that up with Bracers of Destruction, Fury of the Vanished Peak and the relatively new Fjord Cutter to further increase the damage, attack speed and reduce resource costs
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings set is used for a great damage buff and the crazy cooldown reduction it provides for our Wrath of the Berserker (WotB)
- Echoing Fury is nice to have for additional Attack and Movement Speed
- Mortick's Brace is a nice overall stat boost with Life per Fury Spent and additional toughness
- Optional items are Squirt's Necklace, Focus & Restraint or Convention of Elements for multiplicative damage and Band of Might for toughness
- Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac can be a nice alternative for cooldown reduction but you have to drop the damage multiplier from either Captain Crimson's Trimmings set or Convention of Elements to equip it
Global Stat Priorities
Make sure to optimize your Attack Speed to reach certain breakpoints - for in-depth mechanics click here. You can have different breakpoints with different weapons as you can see on the table to the right. Just a single 7% attack speed roll on your gear (for example by using quadfecta Pull of the Earth) with all buffs up puts you at the 13 & 14 frame breakpoints for very optimized damage output.
Aim for around 55-60% Cooldown Reduction to ensure a decent Wrath of the Berserker up time using Boon of Bul-kathos and potential complementary items like Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac.
- Lack of large AOE damage due to Bracers of Destruction limitations
- A half decent trash killer with nice benefits to the entire group with the different Shouts
- Fun and unique ranged Barbarian playstyle with Leap
- The Earthquake version of the build is not very viable at the moment
The Seismic Slam build can be fun to play but is well behind the other top Barbarian builds like the Whirlwind Rend Barb. Let us hope we can get some nice additions to the set in future patches!