Might of the Earth has one of the highest damage multipliers in the game at a whopping 20,000%. This build uses the high base damage Earthquake skill in combination with Lut Socks, Girdle of Giants and the freshly buffed Blade of the Tribes to deal tremendous amounts of damage. Earthquake is a Damage over Time (DoT) skill which is buffed by Fire rune Molten Fury even further.
Easy to Play ✔
Unique Playstyle ✔
Have Fun Leaping Around! ✔
❌ Slightly Clunky
❌ DoT Based Build
❌ Limited Item Options
❌ Band of Might Dependency
- The Might of the Earth (6) Bonus is where the majority of our damage comes from.
- We add to that with Girdle of Giants and Seismic Slam on the skill bar to proc the 250% damage increase.
- With our Might of the Earth (4) Bonus our Leap procs Earthquake so we take in Lut Socks for even more damage.
- Blade of the Tribes has been buffed in patch 2.6.10 shifting the 200% Earthquake damage from the additive category into a multiplicative 800% damage increase, that can also be used in the Kanai's Cube now.
- Ancient Parthan Defenders provides insane toughness in combination with Leap Death from above
- The Flavor of Time is used in most pushing builds for some crazy Conduit Pylon action.
- Band of Might is used for the tremendous toughness gain and is procced by using Leap.
- Optional jewelry items are Squirt's Necklace, Focus & Restraint or Convention of Elements for multiplicative damage gain.
- The Furnace can be a nice addition with the 50% extra elite damage to kill Elite packs and the Rift Guardian faster.
Global Stat Priorities
Earthquake damage does not scale at all with Attack Speed so we do not need any rolls on our gear.
Cooldown Reduction is nice to have as more CDR allows the player to spam Earthquake and Leap more frequently. In the high Greater Rift setups however it is not worth stacking more than the standard 10% from Paragon Points, 12.5% from Flawless Royal Diamond in the Helm and 8% for free on Shoulders and 8% from Gloves.
As we do not have permanent uptime on Wrath of the Berserker, aim to get at least 2 high rolls of Crowd Control Reduction on Helm, Rings or Amulet.
- Use Leap as an offensive and defensive skill every time it is available
- Keep up your buffs and fry some monsters!
- Fun and unique Barbarian playstyle with Leap
- Decent damage output with the recent buff in Patch 2.6.10
The Earthquake and Leap Barbarian build can be fun to play but is still a bit behind the other top Barbarian builds like the Whirlwind Rend Barb. Let us hope for some additional buffs in the upcoming patches that will allow this build to compete.
Shoutout to Rage for additional insights on mechanics and endgame push variants
Guide by Rob.