The Masquerade of the Burning Carnival combines the strength of Bone Spear and Simulacrum to decimate groups of monsters. If built correctly it can succeed in all aspects of the game. If you're ready to blitz through rifts with a tsunami of Bone Spear like the good ol' Diablo 2 days, let's put this together and see what it's all about.
Easy To Gear ✔
Active Playstyle ✔
Simple Rotation ✔
Great AOE Damage ✔
❌ Struggles Against Elites
❌ Takes Practice to Master
❌ Low Single Target Damage
❌ Positioning Is Very Important
This build is based around the Masquerade of the Burning Carnival set which provides us with 3 bonuses:
- Masquerade (2) Piece Bonus resets the cooldown on Simulacrum if you die, makes them immortal, and gives them all runes.
- Masquerade (4) Piece Bonus effectively provides 83% reduced damage while a Simulacrum is active.
- Masquerade (6) Piece Bonus makes your Bone Spear deal 10,000% more damage while your Simulacrum gain triple that bonus.
- Haunted Visions makes Simulacrum last forever.
- Maltorius' Petrified Spike doubles Bone Spear cost to give it 700% increased damage.
- Scythe of the Cycle for 400% increased damage to Bone Spear.
- Krysbin's Sentence gives 300% damage to stunned enemies from Bone Armor Dislocation.
- Convention of Elements for 200% damage during our Poison cycle.
- Gelmindor's Marrow Guards for 400% increased damage to Bone Spear.
- Reilena's Shadowhook for 330% increased damage based on our maximum essence.
Global Stat Priorities
Our offensive priorities are: Poison Damage > Critical Hit Chance/Critical Hit Damage > Area Damage > Attack Speed, along with as much Bone Spear damage as possible. We also want Maximum Essence on our weapon and offhand to boost Reilena's Shadowhook. No cooldown reduction is needed for this build as you will only cast Simulacrum at the beginning of a rift. These stat priorities change depending on what game mode you're doing. In T16 cooldown becomes more valuable to spam Blood Rush and Bone Armor. As an RGK you'll want to prioritize Attack Speed over Area Damage to stack Bane of the Stricken as fast as possible.
- Obtain the Masquerade of the Burning Carnival set with the core items shown in the beginning.
- Position your Simulacrum and control where they are to maximize your damage.
- Stun monsters with Bone Armor Dislocation on your Poison Convention of Elements cycle to activate Krysbin's Sentence.
- Stay mobile, survive, and burn down large packs of enemies with Area Damage.
Town Is Lava!