Welcome to the Legacy of Dreams Wave of Light Monk! This build is a stronger but harder to gear version of our friend the Sunwuko Wave of Light Monk, but it cannot use Cain's Destiny or Sage's Journey sets in groups. If you're ready to throw some bells and push the leaderboards, let's put this guide together!
With nearly limitless mobility provided by Dashing Strike + In-Geom combo and huge AoE coverage of Wave of Light Explosive Light, this build can clear Nephalem Rifts like no other. Compared to Sunwuko version this build deals similar damage but doesn't need to build up Sweeping Wind stacks making it a lot more pleasant to play.
Follower overhaul in Season 23 made it possible to include Cain's Destiny and Sage's Journey into every build, which is especially beneficial for Legacy of Dreams builds because normally they can't use any sets. Now you don't need to choose between convenience and maximum Greater Rift Keystones per hour. LoD Wave of Light monk can do it all (unless you play in groups that is).
Fire Bells ✔
Friendly Playstyle ✔
Insane AOE Damage ✔
Strong In Speeds & Pushing ✔
❌ LoD Dependent
❌ Difficult to Fully Gear
❌ Struggles In Bad Maps
❌ Low Single Target Damage
- Incense Torch of the Grand Temple cuts the cost of Wave of Light in half and gives it 550% increased damage.
- Kyoshiro's Blade increases Wave of Light damage by 150%. This bonus is increased to 400% when hitting three or less enemies.
- Tzo Krin's Gaze gives up to 150% Wave of Light damage, and allows us to cast Wave of Light where our mouse cursor is.
- Pinto's Pride makes Wave of Light slows enemies by 80% and increases its damage by 150%.
- The Crudest Boots double the effect of our Mystic Ally Air Ally.
- Cindercoat a really fantastic item for this build, it fits right in with its Resource Cost Reduction and 20% Fire damage boost.
- Blackthorne's Jousting Mail are the only useful pants providing 20% Fire Damage.
Global Stat Priorities
Our offensive priorities are: Fire Damage > Critical Hit Chance > Critical Hit Damage > Area Damage, along with as much Wave of Light damage as possible. We need at least 55% Cooldown Reduction to keep Epiphany up at all times otherwise our quality of life and survivability will suffer.
- Once you get your Legacy of Dreams, level it up as quickly as possible to maximize the buffs that this build is centered around.
- Practice interrupting your Wave of Light with Dashing Strike to move as quickly as possible in speed content as well as working on timing your attacks with your Fire cycle during Solo and Group runs.
- Fly through the rifts destroying everything in your path!
Town Is Lava!
Guide by Norhtwar and Raxxanterax.