Welcome to the LoD Wave of Light (WoL) guide! This setup is a stronger but harder to gear version of the Sunwuko WoL build. With nearly limitless mobility provided by Dashing Strike in conjunction with In-Geom and the huge AoE coverage of Wave of Light Explosive Light, this build can clear Nephalem Rifts like noone else.
LoD WoL has similar damage compared to its Sunwuko variant but does not rely on Vengeful Wind and Sweeping Wind stacks, making it a lot more pleasant to play. Legacy of Dreams also allows for more gearing flexibility, enabling the build to take advantage of the incredible interactions between Rabid Strike and Bindings of the Lesser Gods in Greater Rift push.
In Season 23, the Follower update allowed LoD WoL to include Cain's Destiny and Sage's Journey in its setup, very beneficial considering the strength of this build for Keyfarming. Indeed you don't need to choose between convenience and maximum Greater Rift Keystones per hour anymore: LoD Wave of Light can do it all!
Season 24 and its Inna's Mantra rework incidentally buffed this build by granting The Crudest Boots a damage multiplier that applies to the clones cast by Rabid Strike. On top of it Rabid Strike itself got a 450% damage multiplier making LoD WoL one of the strongest builds in the game.
This build is an Area Damage (AD) build, since Wave of Light, and most importantly Rabid Strike Clones, can proc it. This build develops a very active playstyle with intriguing interactions between Rabid Strike and Bindings of the Lesser Gods (see Mechanics). If you're ready to throw some bells and push the No Set leaderboard, let's dive into this guide together!
Fire Bells ✔
Friendly Playstyle ✔
Insane AOE Damage ✔
Strong In Speeds & Pushing ✔
❌ LoD Dependent
❌ Difficult to Fully Gear
❌ Struggles In Bad Maps
❌ Low Single Target Damage
- Incense Torch of the Grand Temple cuts the cost of Wave of Light in half and gives it 550% increased damage.
- Kyoshiro's Blade increases Wave of Light damage by 150%. This bonus is increased to 250% when hitting three or less enemies.
- Rabid Strike mimics every Wave of Light cast with 450% increased damage.
- Tzo Krin's Gaze gives up to 150% Wave of Light damage, and allows us to cast Wave of Light where our mouse cursor is.
- Pinto's Pride makes Wave of Light slows enemies by 80% and increases its damage by 150%.
- The Crudest Boots double the effect of our Mystic Ally Air Ally.
- Cindercoat a really fantastic item for this build, it fits right in with its Resource Cost Reduction and 20% Fire damage boost.
- Blackthorne's Jousting Mail are the only useful pants providing 20% Fire Damage.
Global Stat Priorities
Our offensive priorities are: Fire Damage > Critical Hit Chance > Critical Hit Damage > Area Damage, along with as much Wave of Light damage as possible. We need at least 55% Cooldown Reduction to keep Epiphany up at all times otherwise our quality of life and survivability will suffer.
- Once you get your Legacy of Dreams, level it up as quickly as possible to maximize the buffs that this build is centered around.
- Practice interrupting your Wave of Light with Dashing Strike to move as quickly as possible in speed content as well as working on timing your attacks with your Fire cycle during Solo and Group runs.
- Fly through the rifts destroying everything in your path!
Town Is Lava!
Guide by Norhtwar and Raxxanterax.