Welcome to the Legacy of Dreams Wave of Light Monk! This build is a stronger version of our friend the Sunwuko Wave of Light Monk, but it cannot use Cain's Destiny or Sage's Journey sets in T16. If you're ready to throw some bells and push the leaderboards, let's put this guide together!
Fire Bells ✔
Friendly Play Style ✔
Insane AOE Damage ✔
Strong In Speeds & Pushing ✔
❌ LoD Dependent
❌ Difficult to Fully Gear
❌ Struggles In Bad Maps
❌ Low Single Target Damage
- Rabid Strike mimics our spirit spenders on a nearby target when teleporting with Epiphany.
- Incense Torch of the Grand Temple cuts the cost of Wave of Light in half and gives it 550% increased damage.
- Kyoshiro's Blade increases Wave of Light damage by 150%. This bonus is increased to 400% when hitting three or less enemies.
- Tzo Krin's Gaze gives up to 150% Wave of Light damage, and allows us to cast Wave of Light where our mouse cursor is.
- Pinto's Pride makes Wave of Light slows enemies by 80% and increases its damage by 150%. The slow is applied before the damage is calculated, letting us get full value from Bane of the Trapped.
- The Crudest Boots double the effect of our Mystic Ally Air Ally.
- Convention of Elements gives us 200% increased damage during our Fire cycle.
- Cindercoat a really fantastic item for this build, it fits right in with its resource cost reduction and 20% Fire damage boost.
- Magefist did someone say 20% more Fire damage? Yes please.
- Stone of Jordan another 20% Fire damage? Sometimes dreams do come true.
Global Stat Priorities
Our offensive priorities are: Cooldown > Fire Damage > Critical Hit Chance > Critical Hit Damage > Area Damage, along with as much Wave of Light damage as possible. We need the Cooldown to keep Epiphany up at all times otherwise our quality of life and survivability will suffer.
- Once you get your Legacy of Dreams, level it up as quickly as possible to maximize the buffs that this build is centered around.
- Practice interrupting your Wave of Light with Dashing Strike to move as quickly as possible in speed content as well as working on timing your attacks with your Fire cycle during Solo and Group runs.
- Climb the solo leaderboards by gathering monsters together and burning them down with Area Damage!
Town Is Lava!