Welcome to LoD Tempest Rush Monk guide! Turns out having one skill with significantly stronger supporting legendaries than all the others pushes that one build to the top of all the leaderboards.
Compared to Set versions of this build, Legacy of Dreams is dead last in terms of damage, beaten even by the Inna's Mantra set. It does have a significantly stronger version that utilizes Shi Mizu's Haori, but it's quite difficult to execute. That one can compete with Patterns of Justice for the title of the second strongest Tempest Rush build, but stays couple of tiers behind Monkey King's Garb.
In terms of speed GRs nothing comes close to Patterns of Justice, and LoD is no exception. It is however, an excellent Nephalem Rift build: just throw in In-Geom and Dashing Strike and you're good to go. Follower changes in Season 23 allow every build to include Cain's Destiny and Sage's Journey which is especially useful for LoD builds.
A combination of smooth gameplay and devastating damage make this build a very fun and competitive. Let's dive in and learn what makes it so great!
Spin To Win ✔
Kills Trash And Bosses ✔
Incredible All-Around Build ✔
Gigantic Icy Bombs Of Damage ✔
❌ Difficult to Gear
❌ Struggles In Low Density
❌ Requires Resource Management
❌ Wormholes and Trees Make You Cry
- Won Khim Lau gives 600% damage and causes Tempest Rush to cast Cyclone Strike.
- Cesar's Memento increases damage to enemies that are blinded, stunned or frozen by 800%.
- Balance gives 600% damage to Tempest Rush and 100% Critical Hit Chance if it hits 3 or less enemies (awesome for killing the Rift Guardian).
- Mantle of Channeling gives 25% multiplicative damage and 25% damage reduction.
- Lefebvre's Soliloquy gives 50% damage reduction and is activated by Won Khim Lau for free.
- Stone Gauntlets give 250% increased Armor with no downside thanks to Epiphany.
- The Laws of Seph provides the Spirit necessary to keep channeling Tempest Rush.
- Convention of Elements triples our damage thanks to its synergy with the Flurry rune.
- Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac lets us reset all our cooldowns.
- Squirt's Necklace provides between 20% and 100% increased damage thanks to Serenity.
- Stone of Jordan lets us use Lightning Damage roll on Won Khim Lau and also gives some Elemental and Elite damage.
- Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan provide 25% additive damage and Spirit generation.
Global Stat Priorities
Stack about 55% Cooldown Reduction to reset your Epiphany in time. One or two Resource Cost Reduction rolls help with Spirit management but they are not required. Get at least one Life per Hit roll (Weapons, Bracer) for recovery. Aim to get All Resistance on your Pants and Boots and Secondary Resistances for Harmony passive on all other pieces. Our offensive priorities are: Lightning Damage > Tempest Rush damage > Critical Hit Chance > Critical Hit Damage ~ Damage Range > Area Damage.
- Put together the core items and stack a bunch of CDR.
- Practice building and detonating your Flurry stacks on your Cold cycle of Convention of Elements.
- Climb the No Six Piece Set Leaderboards by gathering monsters together and burning them down with Area Damage.
Red screen means we're winning (:
Guide by Northwar.