Welcome to the longest lasting group XP farming build in Diablo 3: the Legacy of Dreams Skeletal Mage "Rat" Necromancer. Standing on top of the mountain for 10 straight seasons is no easy feat, but the Rat has proved too strong and fast to be dethroned. Let's dive in and learn what makes it shine!
Extremely Fast ✔
Best XP Farmer ✔
Insane Damage ✔
Mages Kill Everything ✔
❌ No Survivability
❌ Difficult To Play
❌ Large Cooldowns
❌ Hard To Recover From Death
This build is based around the Legacy of Dreams gem, meaning we need the most powerful legendary items without having any Set Bonuses. The critical items are:
- Haunted Visions to allow Simulacrum Reservoir to last forever, buffing Reilena's Shadowhook.
- Reilena's Shadowhook provides 330% increased damage based on our total maximum essence, which is why we look for those stats on our weapon and offhand.
- Scythe of the Cycle provides 400% increased damage to our Skeletal Mage.
- Krysbin's Sentence for the 300% damage to stunned enemies, coming from Bone Armor Dislocation.
- Convention of Elements for 200% damage during our Physical cycle.
- Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan for 25% increased resource generation and damage while moving.
- Tasker and Theo for 50% increased attack speed to our Skeletal Mage
- Requiem Cereplate for 100% increased life and essence on Devour.
- Reaper's Wraps for the resource gained on health globe pick up.
- Squirt's Necklace for 100% increased damage as long as we haven't taken damage.
Global Stat Priorities
Our offensive priorities are: Skeletal Mage Damage > Critical Hit Chance/Critical Hit Damage > Physical Damage > Attack Speed > Cooldown Reduction > Area Damage. Cooldown is needed to bring back Land of the Dead. When land is up our Devour Devouring Aura will instantly refill our essence due to a bug with Requiem Cereplate and allow us to throw fully powered Singularity mages. Attack Speed does not make our mages cast faster, but it does let us summon mages faster and gives them higher damage. Area Damage does work with Skeletal Mage and can be taken on items, but its better to prioritize the other offensive stats first as you cannot guarantee monsters will be grouped in such fast-paced runs.
- Level your Legacy of Dreams to 99 immediately and hunt for ancient items.
- Learn the rotation and how to keep up 10 fully powered Skeletal Mage by always having enough essence between Devour and Land of the Dead.
- Practice staying alive on the squishiest build in Diablo 3 history.
- Enjoy being a higher paragon than everyone on your friends list!
- If you're looking for a tankier solo build, check out the Bone Spear Necromancer!
Town Is Lava!