Raiment of the Jade Harvester has its own very unique play style in Diablo III as it revolves around harvesting Damage over Time (DoT) skills to deal instant damage. The main skill that is played is Haunt in combination with Soul Harvest to instantly consume the DoT effect left on enemies. These effects are further enhanced by the Creeping Death passive and Quetzalcoatl.
Fun to Play ✔
Medium Range Build ✔
Very Unique Playstyle ✔
Nice Instant Burst Damage ✔
❌ Not very Mobile
❌ Low Toughness
❌ Low AoE Damage
❌ Requires Some Practice
- The Raiment of the Jade Harvester (2) Bonus and (6) Bonus are where the majority of our damage comes from. These effects are unique in the game: Some of the DoT duration on the target is taken away and the damage is dealt instantly instead.
- We add another damage buff with Quetzalcoatl effectively doubling the DoT damage as they deal their full damage in half the normal duration.
- The Lakumba's Ornament and Sacred Harvester combination is used to gain tremendous toughness and damage buffs by doubling our Soul Harvest stack count.
- Ring of Emptiness is another core item we do not want to miss out on as it provides us with a crazy 300% damage buff as long as the target is affected by either Haunt or Locust Swarm. This should always be the case as Haunt is our main damage dealing skill.
- Convention of Elements is another item that always should be played due to its interactions with Soul Harvest and the Raiment of the Jade Harvester bonuses (see Mechanics).
Global Stat Priorities
Due to the Raiment of the Jade Harvester (2) Bonus Attack Speed does matter and we want to reach certain Breakpoints (see Mechanics). The faster we can spam Haunt on enemies, the more often the damage from the (2) Bonus will be applied. In speed runs with 5 Echoing Fury stacks we reach the 18 frames Breakpoint. For the push setup we can remain at way lower Breakpoints around the 28 frames mark without needing any Attack Speed rolls on our gear.
Aim for as much Cooldown Reduction as possible as this will directly transfer into more damage output as we can Soul Harvest more frequently for our Raiment of the Jade Harvester (6) Bonus. A decent value to look for is 55-65% with the Gogok of Swiftness cooldown buff up.
Both (2) and (6) Bonus of Jade Harvester can proc Area Damage. Especially for solo pushing higher Greater Rifts it is one of the strongest stats to look out for!
- Very unique & fun playstyle.
- Poison or Cold variants are possible.
- DoT enemies up as much as possible and use Soul Harvest on cooldown.
- Scales with Area Damage but lacks large AoE damage.
- A half decent speed build with Echoing Fury.
This build is fun to play but lacks damage in comparison to the Mundunugu's Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor, which is the strongest solo build for Witch Doctor at the moment. If this unique playstyle is buffed it can well make it into quite the different group META. This could be done by reviving old useful items like Starmetal Kukri by adding an additional damage multiplier or another bonus to further effect allies like it was done with Horde of the Ninety Savages and the double shout effectiveness for example. Cheers!
Guide by Rob.