Thorns of the Invoker Crusader build, as the name implies, utilizes Thorns to deal damage. However, the Thorns of the Invoker (6) Bonus makes sure that 99.7% of your damage comes from Punish, effectively turning this build into Generator Crusader with Thorns itemization.
In Season 22, Invoker Thorns Crusader build is completely outclassed by Heavens's Fury Crusader. There is no real reason to play this build.
Great sustain ✔
Very high attack speed ✔
Great single target damage ✔
❌ No AoE
❌ Extremely boring
❌ Very bad at speedfarming
❌ Toughness can be inconsistent
- Thorns of the Invoker set provides 50% damage reduction, 100% Punish attack speed, 900% increased Thorns, and also lets your Punish deal 675 times your Thorns as damage.
- Captain Crimson's Trimmings set gives around 65% DPS and 65% damage reduction, as well as 20% Cooldown Reduction.
- Norvald's Fervor set increases all damage by 400%.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur allows us to get full bonuses from all the sets.
- Aquila Cuirass provides 50% damage reduction, that is always active in a Generator build.
Global Stat Priorities
There are no CDR breakpoints in this build, but you still stack as much CDR as possible for more uptime on defensive buffs, as well as more DPS from Captain Crimson's Trimmings. In terms of Attack Speed, you should aim at 13 frames breakpoint, which is achievable with 7% roll on Flail of the Charge and a total of 18% on rings and gloves. You should invest heavily into Life per Hit, as it is your only source of recovery; try to get at least 40k of it. As usual, you stack DPS stats everywhere—Physical Damage, Elite Damage, Thorns Damage and Strength.
Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage and Area Damage do not work with Thorns and should be ignored.
- Stack CDR, AS, LpH, Physical Damage, Elite Damage, and Thorns
- Ignore Area Damage and crit stats
- Only fight (yellow) Elites
- Never let go of your Punish to stay fixated on the target
Guide by Northwar
Stab, stab, stab!