This hybrid Monk build combines two different sets: Inna's Mantra, which provides a huge generic damage multiplier, and Uliana's Stratagem 4-piece, which provides a rather unorthodox buff to Seven Sided Strike - making it deal 777% of its total damage with each hit. Combined with Lion's Claw, which turns Seven Sided Strike into a Fourteen-Sided Strike this effect amounts to a monstrous 108x multiplier!
While this build is not nearly as strong as META monk builds such as the PoJ Tempest Rush Monk or SWK Wave of Light Monk, it is still a nice and unique build and is the only monk build to equip a daibo!
Despite being another Seven Sided Strike focused build, it has a very different playstyle when compared to Uliana EP Monk. If you think Seven Sided Strike is a cool and iconic monk skill that deserves to be more than a mere tool to proc your Exploding Palms, then this is the build for you!
Unfortunately the rotation of this build and long cooldown on Seven Sided Strike make it really bad for any kind of speed content. In Season 22 we can include The Flow of Eternity or In-geom, which makes it kinda okay at speedfarming, but it's still very weak compared to the best builds.
Satisfying Visuals ✔
Fun and Unique Playstyle ✔
❌ Small AoE
❌ Long rotation
❌ Bad at Speedfarming
❌ Little Room for Customization
- Inna's Mantra provides a huge global damage multiplier of 9500% as well as a bunch of passive effects from Mantras and Mystic Allies, most importantly +80% Life, +40% All Resistance and +56% additive damage.
- Uliana's Stratagem (4) Bonus increases Seven Sided Strike Damage by 10778% and reduces all incoming damage by 77%.
- Ring of Royal Grandeur is necessary to combine the two sets.
- Lion's Claw adds 7 additional strikes to Seven Sided Strike, effectively quadrupling the damage due to interaction with Uliana's Stratagem.
- The Flow of Eternity increases Seven Sided Strike damage by 100% and reduces its cooldown by 60%.
- The Crudest Boots are a complimentary item to Inna's Mantra set doubling the number of your Mystic Allies and thus the 6-piece damage bonus.
Global Stat Priorities
This build relies heavily on Cooldown Reduction. For the solo push variant you need about 58% CDR, while on any speed farm variant you need as much as possible. After that focus on offensive stats: Holy Damage > Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage > Area Damage > Seven Sided Strike Damage. For defensive stats make sure to have All Resistance on your Belt, Pants and Boots with secondary resistances on your other pieces for your Harmony passive.
- Stack enough CDR (58%) to use Seven Sided Strike twice in 7 seconds.
- Overlap all the buffs (Convention of Elements, Oculus Ring, Faith in the Light, Assimilation) and blow up enemies with Seven Sided Strike.
- Keep Uliana's Stratagem (4) Bonus up at all times.
Guide by Northwar with additional input from wudijo